New York Dorm Authority Plans To Make Most of New Structure
- Texas Considers 'Voluntary' Income Tax For Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p34
Reports the consideration of voluntary state income tax to finance various schools in Dallas, Texas. Elimination of local property tax rates; Range of revenue option; Amount needed for school construction.
- Robin Hood: A Win/Lose Situation. Dianis, Laura // District Administration;May2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the Texas House Public Education Committee's recommendation for the legislature to end its states funding system. Improvement in funding for poor districts by shifting from reliance on local property taxes; Proposal to use the state income tax to help fund schools.
- Taxed on special interest. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;4/22/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p9
Comments on the increase of income tax to support public education in New York City. Occurrence of budget deficit due self-serving decisions of the officials; Elimination of the commuter tax; Inflation of the pension fund assets.
- New 529 plans best way to save for education. Hamilton, Jim // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p36
Reports that distributions from qualified state tuition plans will be free from federal and Indiana state income tax after December 31, 2001. Changes to the tax code; Investment device for financing higher education.
- Budget overview. Dunham, Robin; Hughes, Steve; House, John; Irvine, Julia; Rice, Clare; Maddalena, Christina; Johnson, Nicole // Accountancy;Apr2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1292, p125
The article presents an overview of the budget of Great Britain for the year 2001-2002. Chancellor Gordon Brown, in his budget speech, reaffirmed his belief that the budget will induce prudence in the long term. The budget has allocated Â£34 billion or net cash debt repayment. The economic...
- Court flunks New Hampshire's tax vote, leaving schools still in need. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p3
Reports on the New Hampshire Supreme Court's rejection of a proposed voter referendum on instituting an income tax. Proposals to use taxes to fund school operations; Time constraints in state officials' efforts to find an alternative source of funding for schools; Plans of the state to meet...
- N.Y. State, City Issuers Plan on Selling $9B in 3Q. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32913, p7
The article reports on the plan of the New York State and borrowing authorities of New York City to sell up to $9.04 billion of debt in the third quarter of 2008. $5.76 billion of the debt will be new money and $3.29 billion will be refunding. According to the article, New York City will sell...
- Capital Income Taxes. Gordon, Roger H. // NBER Reporter;Fall2003, p16
Provides information on the theory of capital income taxes. Examination of the distribution of gains and losses to individuals that would result from shifting to an R-base; Mechanism of tax avoidance in debt arbitrage; Distributional effects of existing taxes on interest income/payments in a...
- HONDURAS. // Caribbean Update;Jul2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p12
This section offers news briefs in Honduras including the Standard & Poor increasing the debt risk rating of the country to B +, an education and integration technology loan from the Inter-American Development Bank, and a Tourism Act update to lengthen income tax spending for tourism to 15 years.