Mayo Spreads It Around, Shifting Risk Away From Stocks
- Apache avoids most security woes. Dyck, Timothy // eWeek;7/23/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p30
Reports on the enviable security reputation of Apache Software Foundation Inc. Comparison on other Web servers in the United States; Evaluation by the security advisers of the company; Presentation of results on the evaluation.
- The benefit of the big picture. Davis, Evan // New Statesman;05/23/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4335, p13
Focuses on developments related to the public debate on social security in Great Britain as of May 23, 1997. Social Market Foundation's (SMF) Future of Welfare conference; Featured speakers; Trends in thinking about welfare.
- Donating Restricted Stock. // Practical Accountant;May2001, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on a United States Internal Revenue Service ruling that a shareholder's donation of stock subject to a voting agreement does not violate the partial interest rule and is deductible under Section 170. Important provisions of Section 170; Facts of the case.
- Officers, supervisors: IFPO offers help. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p91
Focuses on International Foundation for Protection Officers, a non-profit organization established to facilitate the training and certification needs of protection officers and security supervisors from both commercial and proprietary sectors. Distance delivery styled-courses offered; Web site...
- DLJ's complex trust product downscaled for merely affluent. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;11/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 211, p7
Highlights Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Inc.'s (DLJ) brokers' marketing of charitable remainder trusts to multimillionaires who want to avoid paying capital gains taxes on stock sales. Retention of income generated from those assets by person establishing the trust; Money management as a...
- Employee awareness program to stem increase in violent high-tech components' theft, launched. // Insurance Advocate;12/2/95, Vol. 106 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the development of an employee awareness program by the Technology Theft Prevention Foundation, aimed at combatting the threat and increase of violent high-technology component robberies. Background on the program; Messages on the poster developed; Plans for the High Technology Crime...
- IRS Ruling Troubles Nonprofit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/05/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31153, p1
Reports on the revocation of the tax-exempt status of the Collegiate Housing Foundation. Arrangement of tax-exempt bond deals for construction of college and university housing facilities.
- Ackerman's Campaign With Atlanta Braves Generates $3,400 Donation. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2013, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p34
The article reports that Ackerman Security Inc. donated 3400 dollars to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Georgia Chapter as the part of its "Caught Stealing" campaign in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 250 Years of solicitude. Delamothe, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/28/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6668, p211
Reports on the establishment of a fundraising drive as a mark of the anniversary of the Thomas Coram Foundation for Children in Great Britain. Objective of the Homeless Children's Project; Effects of the legislation removing social security benefits from young people; Enumeration of the schemes...