Court Kills Suit to Block Philadelphia Stadium Funds
- Penn. Court Rules For CUs In FOM Lawsuit. // Credit Union Journal;3/6/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the ruling of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court on the lawsuit filed by the credit unions (CU) concerning the field of membership. The court has ruled to dismiss a lawsuit filed by bankers over the community charters granted to TruMark Financial CU and Freedom CU. The...
- Case dismissed, but we took on City Hall. KOONTZ, KEN // Charlotte Post;6/6/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p4A
The author expresses his disappointment over the Superior Court judge's dismissal of the complaint filed by him against Charlotte City Council in closed-door negotiations with American football team Carolina Panthers about stadium improvements.
- Akumah v Hackney London Borough Council. Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;3/12/2005, Issue 510, p155
Explains the dismissal of an appeal involving a tenant and the Hackney London Borough Council over the authority to introduce a parking scheme in England. Background on the parking scheme introduced by the council; Argument presented by the tenant regarding the scheme; Basis of the dismissal.
- Hill and another v Transport for London. O'Grady, Eileen; Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;5/28/2005, Issue 521, p138
Explains the dismissal of a claim on adverse possession of a land following the transfer to that claimants by the Greater London Council (GLC) in England. Impact of the abolition of GLC on the property; Basis of the dismissal; Lawyers of the claimants and defendants.
- Harrisburg Receiver to Pitch Plan to Court. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/19/2013, p6
The article reports on the presentation of state-appointed receiver for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania William Lynch's Harrisburg Strong financial recovery plan to the Commonwealth Court of the state.
- Pennsylvania Court Reaffirms Decision To Allow For Direct Suits By Policyholders Against Reinsurers In Legion/Villanova Liquidation, Overruling Department. // Insurance Advocate;8/11/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p7
Reports on the reaffirmation of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court to allow for direct suits by policyholders against reinsurers. Denial of the motion by the Insurance Department; Concept of the Order of Liquidation; Number of policyholders intervening in the insolvency proceedings.
- TRADESMAN CASE: Cop-out rejected, charge dismissed. // Advocate;11/7/73, Issue 124, p10
Reports on the dismissal of the case of 19 men arrested on a lewd conduct charge in Los Angeles, California. Details of the case.
- Petition against A.K. Antony Dismissed. // India -- West;1/8/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 7, pA34
The article reports on the dismissal of a petition by the Central Bureau of Investigation Special Court filed by Communist Party of India-Marxist Kerala secretary Pinarayi Vijayan in India in 2010.
- Manchester City Council v Pinnock. Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;11/13/2010, Issue 1045, p93
The article discusses a court case wherein the British Supreme Court dismissed an appeal against a county court's decision on a judicial review of possession proceedings. In Manchester City Council v. Pinnock, the appellant's tenancy was demoted by the respondents under section 82A of the...