IRS, NASD May Join in Pool Probe
- Tenants-In-Common. // Journal of Property Management;nov/dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that Tenants-in-Common exchanges have increased by 330% following the U.S. Internal Revenue Service ruling allowing the exchanges to be used in 1031 tax deferred exchanges. The exchanges are brokered as both a securities transaction and a real estate transaction. The...
- Plaudits for IRS. // Accountancy;Sep2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1285, p121
Reports on the widespread approval of the United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a communication and liaison division to improve relations with tax specialists, state tax officials and others.
- Untitled. // Practical Accountant;Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
Reports developments related the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the U.S. as of April 2002. Publication explaining procedures in filing claims under the Victims of Terrorism Tax Relief Act of 2001; Recommendations of the 'The National Taxpayer Advocate' annual report to the Congress;...
- Weakness in financial management. // Practical Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p23
Reports that financial management system limitation and internal control weaknesses in the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- An excellent opportunity to reform the IRS. // Nation's Business;Dec97, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p76
Editorial. Focuses on legislation that would reform the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) called the Internal Revenue Service Restructuring and Reform Act of 1997 (H.R. 2676). The measure as covering the management of the IRS, taxpayer rights, and congressional oversight to ensure tat abuses...
- Changes to Practicing Before the IRS. // Practical Accountant;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the advance notice of proposed rulemaking issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service regarding regulations governing practice before the agency.
- The New IRS. Phillips, Bernie // National Public Accountant;Apr2001, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p6
Talks about the modernization of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under the Restructuring Act of 1998. Divisions of the IRS; Purpose of the restructuring; Changes brought about by the modernization.
- IRS issues `stunning confession' about use of exam statistics. // CPA Journal;Oct98, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on a report by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on examination division practices in 12 district offices. Division's use of enforcement statistics to set production goals and conduct evaluations; Influence of the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993; Findings...
- Let's get on with reforming the IRS--it's a long-overdue necessity. Donohue, Thomas J. // New Hampshire Business Review;03/13/98, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p13
Urges the government to reform the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and change certain practices that have tarnished the image of the federal agency. Impropriety over the IRS' ranking of tax districts; Passage of bipartisan bill to reform the agency; Support for effort to reorganize the IRS.