Texas Public Finance Authority Planning Two January Deals
- To Sell or Not To Sell: Texas Must Decide. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p1
Reports that the Texas Public Finance Authority amy opt to sell or not to sell bonds to refinance outstanding debt. Total amount in bonds to be used by the authority in refinancing its outstanding debt; Possibility that lower interest rates may compel the authority to sell a smaller amount of...
- Texas agency awaits a shift in the market before going ahead with GO refunding. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p30
Reports that the Texas Public Finance Authority (TPFA) is awaiting an improvement in market conditions before moving ahead with bond refunding. Option to convert outstanding general obligation (GO) bond into long-term, fixed-rate debt; Establishment of parameters for GO refunding; Credit rating...
- With its eyes on the savings prize, Texas agency readies GO refunding. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p22
Presents an update on the Texas Public Finance Authority's general obligation bond refunding deal as of October 27, 1998. Estimated total worth of the refunding deal to be issued in three series; Interest bonds; Capital appreciation bonds.
- Southwest Ballot Activity Looks Local: Schools, Transportation. Albanese, Elizabeth; Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31458, p1
Reports the approval on the bonds for the Texas Water Development Board and Texas Public Finance Authority in Texas. Amount of the bonds approved by the voters; Percentage of bond approval rate in the state; Budget deficit of the state.
- Texas Public Finance Authority Selling $190M of Refunding Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/27/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31998, p7
The article reports that the Texas Public Finance Authority today will issue about $190 million of refunding revenue bonds, one day after selling a $14.2 million tranche of refunding general obligation bonds. The issue also includes a Series 2004B component of about $37 million of revenue...
- Texas Seeks Savings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p1
The article reports on the plan of Texas officials to lower its finance cost with 342 million dollars tax-exempt refunding deal in 2010. This deal is considered as the first general obligation bond issue from Texas Public Finance Authority. It notes that the 191 million dollar and 151 million...
- Texas Authority to issue university bonds under 1997 law. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p3
Reports on the Texas Public Finance Authority's approval of the sale of $15 million of revenue bonds on behalf of Stephen F. Austin University and Midwestern State University. Application of the 1997 law designed to consolidate bond-issuing authority in the state; Structure of the deal;...
- Texas Plans $2 Billion Offering To Repay U.S. DOT Jobless Loan. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;11/10/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33414, p28
The article reports on the plan of the Texas Public Finance Authority to issue two billion U.S. dollars of revenue bonds for the repayment of the U.S. Treasury Department's unemployment compensation.
- Texas agency takes more flexible approach to bond counsel. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30708, p3
Reports on the Texas Public Finance Authority's vote to name a pre-qualified list of bond counsel that it can tap to work on planned bond issues. Differences from the authority's previous practice in naming counsel; Law firms responding to the authority's request for bond counsel.