NEW YORK: Terror Costs
- 9-11: ONE YEAR OF EMPIRE BUILDING. Petras, James // Canadian Dimension;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p37
Discusses changes in different realms of society and economic sectors of the United States after the September 11. 2001 terrorist attacks. Lessons learnt by state planners from the empire building by former U.S. President George Bush following the Gulf War in 1991; Military strategies and...
- Renewing focus after 9/11. // Pensions & Investments;9/5/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p10
The article discusses how the catastrophic destruction of September 11, 2001 in the U.S. has affected the pension funds and their beneficiaries.
- TOURISM IN THE REGION: DOWN BUT NOT OUT? // Middle East Business Intelligence;6/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the decline of the tourism industry in the Middle East after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. Status of the tourism industry in the region before the terrorist attacks; Airlines that have stopped flights to Cairo, Egypt.
- Reevaluations. Hamburg, Lisa // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p7
Editorial. Comments on impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. electronics industry. Perpetuation of fears from spreading smallpox and anthrax; Decline in boo-to-bill ratio of electronic industries; Possible measures taken by the government to improve the financial...
- Cities Fear Security Costs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p1
Reports on an urge for addition in security costs for airports and other vulnerable infrastructure that were triggered by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks to U.S. President George W. Bush's administration. Estimated cost for maintenance of security; Effect of increase in security cost...
- Trends in the Region:Amid Swirling Economy, Vermont Keeps Its Head Above Water. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p40
Reports on impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on economy of Vermont. Sale of multi-million dollar in general obligation bonds; Significant increase in umemployment; Confrontations involved in budget; Decline in revenues for the first quarter of the year 2002.
- Sales Tax Slump. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p51
Reports on the decline of the state revenue of Georgia as of September 2001. Rate of decline; Influence of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the decline; Citations of the major sources of revenues.
- Under Pressure. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p35
Focuses on impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on economy of Virginia. Decline in revenue forecasts; Economic factors contributing to revenue collection; Possible release of revised revenue projections for fiscal years 2002, 2003 and 2004.
- D.C. Officials Confident of Ability To Overcome Year's Big Challenges. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p1
Analyzes the impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the tourism industry in Washington D.C. Impact of the shutdown of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on the industry; Expectations about the city's ability to overcome financial crisis despite revenue pressures; Information...