State and Local Finance: 50-State Survey Paints a Grim Picture of Fiscal 2002
- FINANCE. // Governing;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p58
The article reports on the results of a fiscal survey of U.S. states conducted by the U.S. National Conference of State Legislatures. According to the survey, there is an increase of nearly 25 percent in the aggregate year-end balances between fiscal years 2005 and 2006. State revenues are...
- State and Local Finance: Weakening Revenues Force Most States to Miss Forecasts. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p5
Focuses on the report of the U.S. National Conference of State Legislature on revenue shortfalls of different states in fiscal year 2001 and 2002. Number of states facing revenue shortfall; States which reported revenues are on or above the target; Proposals to make up for the expected shortfall.
- A First Time for Everything: NCSL to Sell Debt Via Colo. Issuer. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31134, p32
Reports on the bond sale by National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) through Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority in the United States. Projects to benefit the proceeds; Description of the proposed Denver headquarter; Essentiality of the NCSL services.
- NCSL sees need for more state help to deliver care to underserved areas. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;10/29/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p5
Focuses on a report by the National Conference of State Legislatures which found that many rural and inner city communities are underserved by a shortage of medical personnel in the United States. States focused on by the study; Strategies adopted by states to promote a sufficient health care...
- Election reform reports reveal best and worst. Seligson, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/17/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p4
Highlights the coverage of the election reform reports released by the National Conference of State Legislature in the U.S. Commendation on the voting practices of some states; Importance of separating the administration of election from the hands of states; Call for a statewide voter...
- FOCUSED. // State Legislatures;Sep2015, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p4
Photographs about the U.S. National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) are presented including its Juvenile Justice Model Site Visit in Charleston, South Carolina, Task Force on Military and Veterans Affairs, and Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee meeting with NCSL Executive Committee.
- READING MATERIAL. // State Legislatures;Sep2015, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p5
The article reviews the September 2015 issue of the U.S. National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) journal "LegisBrief."
- Insurance No-No's. Piontek, Steve // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/13/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p4
The article comments on the need for legislation to modernize the state insurance regulation. The regulation will be introduced in the U.S. House and Senate on the spring of 2006 which has slim possibility of passing for the discovery of the idea that state regulators retaliates against insurers...
- The Uniform Principal and Income Act. Nossaman, Walter L. // California Law Review;Nov39, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the provisions of the U.S. Uniform Principal and Income Act, approved by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws in 1931. Corporate dividends and share rights; Means of liquidating dividends; Premium and discount bonds.