Wanted: Tax Simplification
- Impending Legislation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31296, p1
Reports on a legislative issue regarding tax simplification for helping New York City in rebuilding lower Manhattan after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Plans for issuing billions of dollars in private-activity bonds for public contractors; Need for simplification of tax code.
- Northern Ireland Tax notes. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug1999, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p44
Presents updates on taxation in Northern Ireland as of August 1999. Includes an amendment to the reverse premium provisions of the finance bill by the Inland Revenue; Retail price indexes that will be used for computing capital gains of companies; Value-added tax on construction services.
- Headlines. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p50
Looks at the released media statements of IRD on the following issues of interest to tax agents and practitioners. Late filing penalties; Business debt; Appeal Court's decision on the case concerning tax avoidance arrangements by Auckland-based tax consultants J.G. Russell.
- Government plans to attack tax scofflaws. Szwajka, Jakub // Warsaw Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the discussion of the government tax reform project by the parliamentary body Sejm in Poland. Design of the legislation; Features of the legislation; Advantages of the project.
- Electronic federal tax payment system (EFTPS) update. Berger, Stewart; Morris, Edwin B. // CPA Journal;Nov96, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p71
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service imposed electronic Federal tax payments of employment taxes for the calendar year 1995. Penalties for failure to comply with the requirement; Methods of paying the taxes electronically; Use of ACH Debit and ACH Credit methods.
- EFTPS now operational. // National Public Accountant;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p58
Reports on the implementation of the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) requiring small businesses to file taxes electronically by July 1, 1997. US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) information campaign for EFTPS; Penalty for businesses that do not comply with EFTPS.
- Computers in tax practice--it's a two-way street. Brown, Kenneth C. // Outlook;Spring90, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p74
Comments on the use of computers by tax authorities in California for tax procedures. Franchise Tax Board's introduction of a program in which it utilized computerized payroll information to recompute the California Individual Retirement Account deductions of taxpayers; Improvement of tax...
- Ethical issues for the tax practitioner. West, Thomas J.; Clevenger, Novella N. // National Public Accountant;Nov95, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p29
Offers a look at tax practitioners in today's dynamic and competitive environment. Tax practitioner as advisor; Ethical prohibitions concerns; Ethical standards in tax planning context; More.
- Taxation in a global environment. Owens, Jeffrey // OECD Observer;Jan2002, Issue 230, p15
Focuses on the introduction of taxation in a global environment. Discussion on taxation arrangements; Implications of the interaction between national tax systems; Improvement of services to tax payers. INSET: OECD Centre leads tax debate.