THE OLDEST PROPHECY IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
- Meter-to-Cash Outsourcing Increases Competitive Capabilities. Gupta, Saurabh // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p54
The article focuses on the meter-to-cash (M2C) process, an essential part of the downstream value chain for most utilities. It says that M2C is similar to a horizontal order-to-cash (O2C) process cycle, however, M2C has nuances that are unique to the utilities industry such as field services and...
- Time & place. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Owner;Mar2004, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p46
Offers advice to fleet operation managers who have outsourcing plans. Bearing ultimate responsibility for results; Risks in outsourcing; Efficiency and reliability in operation.
- IEEE P1901.2 Standard for Low-Frequency, Narrowband Power Line Communications Enters Letter Balloting. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;1/17/2012, p1
The article reports that the IEEE P1901.2 Standard for Low Frequency Narrow Band Power Line Communications (PLC) for Smart Grid Applications has entered the final approval process. According to IEEE P1901.2 Working Group chairperson Jim LeClare, globally accepted standards like the P1901.2 are...
- New Smart Grid Infrastructure Makes Energy Efficiency a Talking Point. // Power Electronics Technology Exclusive Insight;8/ 8/2012, p1
The article explains the role of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) in enhancing energy efficiency in the utility sector, based on a report by GlobalData. The worldwide market for AMI has been backed by governments of different countries that promote energy efficiency. This smart grid...
- Solid-state meters help utilities protect revenue. Stephens, George // Electrical World;Feb95, Vol. 209 Issue 2, p40
Reports on revenue protection features of solid-state utility meters. Record of the number of occurrences of a selected event by counters; Time stamp as a register of the time and date of a selected event; Communications.
- Smart grid for smart meters. // Computer Weekly;12/8/2009, p6
The article offers information on the plans of the British government related to the replacement of their gas and electricity meters with 47 million smart electricity grids over 10 years at a cost of 10 billion pounds.
- Untitled. // Utility Week;9/28/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p25
The article deals with the latest issues in Great Britain pertaining to a smart water meter, electricity and energy.
- The residential meter: Key automation device. // Electrical World;Apr98, Vol. 212 Issue 4, p51
Discusses metering automation in the United States, and how this technology can increase efficiency and reduce operating costs. Automation at Landis & Gyr Utilities Services Incorporated; Criteria driving the design of the automated meter.
- Modem technology reduces remote reading costs. Lundy, Neil // Modern Power Systems;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p49
Discusses several methods of reading utility meters. Remote data reading of electricity meters via a telephone line; Power line carrier methods; Use of line powered modems.