Mom and Her "Birds of a Feather."
- The Pampered Pig. WILSON, AMY // Parenting School Years;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p90
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of having his son named Person of the Week at school.
- What Would You Do? // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;5/7/2004, Vol. 85 Issue 25, p6
Probes on how to handle a domineering friend. Presentation of the case; Fear of offending an autocratic person; Invitation to explain the situation.
- Discovering Communities through Friendship. Morrison, Greg; Mahadevan, L. // PLoS ONE;Jul2012, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
We introduce a new method for detecting communities of arbitrary size in an undirected weighted network. Our approach is based on tracing the path of closest-friendship between nodes in the network using the recently proposed Generalized Erdö s Numbers. This method does not require the choice...
- Live to a ripe old age - with a little help from your friends. // New Scientist;6/25/2005, Vol. 186 Issue 2505, p22
This article focuses on a study which suggests that friends are one of the keys to a long life. Previous research has shown that strong social networks help older people live longer. But the work has not distinguished between contact with friends or relatives. Friends might help people cope in...
- IDEOLOGY AND RECRUITMENT IN RELIGIOUS GROUPS. Rose, Helen; Ebaugh, Fuchs; Vaughn, Sharron Lee // Review of Religious Research;Dec84, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p148
It has become a well-documented finding that social ties are a primary and possibly even an indispensable avenue of recruiting for most religious sects. What has not been clear in the literature is the nature of these social ties and whether they differ for various kinds of groups as well as...
- "Fortes Creantur Fortibus". // America;8/18/1917, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p475
The article discusses the qualities of a mother who is worthy of admiration and bravery. According to the article, a mother who openly accepts the call and generously sends her sons to war despite the threats that lie ahead is suitable for the credit. In addition, the author states that mothers...
- Other options. Zollman, Kandace // Winner;Jan98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on boys who want to join gangs. Reasons why young people get involved in gangs; Other options a young person has other than joining gangs.
- Everything I know in life I learned from making soup. Kominicki, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/31/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 53, p3A
The author reflects on the learning he obtained from making soup. He appreciates his mother who he believed is a master soup maker because she can make a soup with unrivaled richness and complexity coming from the most basic ingredients. He believes that the rehabilitative powers of soup dishes...
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place. Belgau, Ron // Whosoever;Nov/Dec98, pN.PAG
Describes the relationship of a mother with her homosexual son. Conflict encountered by the son with his mother; Advertisements published about gay people; Description of the son's life.