Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Maintains Broad Clean Water Act Jurisdiction
- Heads in the sand. // Commonweal;6/16/95, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p3
Discusses the implications of trimming parts of the 1972 Clean Water Act by the United States Congress. Termination of mandatory federal standards on storm-water pollution; Opportunity for reforming government regulations; Popularity of environmental protection programs.
- Update: Clean Water Act. Richey, Dave // Fishing World;Oct95, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p4
Highlights developments concerning the Clean Water Act. Dumping of untreated wastewater in waterways; Control of point source pollution; Safety of rivers and lakes for swimming and fishing; Introduction of bills to curtail the scope of Clean Water Act.
- Legal ease. Ranger, Edward M. // Business Mexico;Jun2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the revisions to Mexico's water law published on April 30, 2004. Objectives of the revisions; Reorganization of the National Water Commission under the revised law; Impact of the revisions on previous executive declarations in national water matters.
- Clinton seeks to toughen Clean Water Act. // American Nurseryman;4/15/94, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the Clinton Administration's proposal to overhaul the Clean Water Act. Proposal for greater flexibility to states in controlling sewer overflows, water contamination from pesticides and factory and urban-street runoff; Other provisions of the proposal; Savings estimated to be...
- Bill heads for House vote. Begley, Ronald; Rotman, David // Chemical Week;4/19/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 15, p23
Reports on a bill to scale back regulations under the Clean Water Act (CWA). Approval by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee; Objections from Democrats; Implications of bill; Reactions from the chemical industry.
- The warning game: evaluating warnings under California's Proposition65 Rechtschaffen, Clifford // Ecology Law Quarterly;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p303
No abstract available.
- Communicating with customers about quality. Wiant, Chris J. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p47
Presents information on an additional requirement to the 1996 version of the 1974 Safe Drinking Act (SDWA), highlighting that the updated version of the SDWA final rules is be publicly declared in by the United States Environmental Agency by August,1998. Components of customer confidence...
- TRYING OUT THE CONCILIATION PROCESS ON THE WATER FRAMEWORK DIRECTIVE. Tydeman, Chris // Environmental Law Review;2000, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p229
Comments on the conciliation process on the water framework directive in the European Union. History of the legislation; Legislation on groundwater and hazardous substances; Outcomes on derogations and timetables; European Parliament's exploitation of the codecision procedure to extend its...
- Cheers, jeers for Senate bill. Ichniowski, Tom; Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/30/94, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p7
Reports on the US Senate's approval of the rewriting of the Safe Drinking Water Act. Provisions under the bill; Budget earmarked for drinking water state revolving funds (SRFs); Opposition of environmentalists to bill.