Colorado District Court Strengthens EPA'S Enforcement Ability For Hazardous Waste Violations
- Tenth Circuit Upholds the EPA's Right to Overfile under RCRA. May, Margaret // Ecology Law Quarterly;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p777
Examines the appeals court's decision on the case, United States v. Power Engineering Co., regarding the right of the Environmental Protection Agency to overfile under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act. Purpose of overfiling; Facts of the case; Overview of the decision.
- EPA issues CAA section 112(k) urban air toxics inventory. Bergeson, Lynn L. // Pollution Engineering;Nov97, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p23
Describes efforts to implement Congress' mandate under various sections of the Clean Air Act of 1996 in the United States. Need for the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to identify sources of at least 30 hazardous air pollutants (HAPs); EPA's compilation of emissions information for...
- Superfund=superliability. Arnold, James R.; Buchwald, Gerald J. // ABA Journal;Sep93, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p117
Discusses various aspects concerning environmental law. Variety of services offered by environmental lawyers; Nonlegal roles assumed by environmental lawyers; Applications of liability claims; Problems faced by environmental law practitioners; Implications of the US Environmental Protection...
- A two-pronged GOP approach to environmental regulations. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 162, p2
Reports on the prolonged GOP approach to environmental regulations and a regulatory reform bill which is put to vote on July 17, 1995 which would confront EPA with many procedural requirements in procuring regulations.
- EPA moves to iron out risk management plans. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/12/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 14, p28
Reports on the decision of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to seek public comment on risk management plans (RMPs) required under the Clean Air Act of 1993. Reasons for the move; Opportunities presented to the industry. INSETS: OSHA's process safety standard comes up to speed, by...
- Restricting federal environmental laws. // In Business;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the US House of Representatives provision that blocks the US Environmental Protection Agency from enforcing 17 antipollution laws and regulations in a funding bill. Other attacks on environmental laws by Congressional Republicans and state governments.
- EPA Guidance on Air Monitoring Gets Tossed. Mack, Debbi // Corporate Legal Times;Aug2000, Vol. 10 Issue 105, p108
Discusses the decision of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit which rejected a guidance on monitoring requirements under the Clear Air Act permit program. Background of the case Appalachian Power Co., et. Al. v. Environmental Protection Agency; Provisions...
- EPA helps states achieve clean-air aims. // National Petroleum News;Sep94, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the efforts on the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to assist the Northeastern states in their compliance with the Clean Air Act without having to resort to California's stringent low emission program. Concerns of the automotive industry; Recommendation of the Ozone Transport...
- One hand for federalism. Carson, Ed // Reason;Nov96, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
Reports on US District Court Judge W. Brevard Hand's ruling that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) can not apply the Superfund law retroactively. Court's bases for its decision; Ruling's impact on the Superfund law's constitutionality.