- Agencies Assign High Ratings To California's $11B Raw Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p1
California's upcoming $11 billion revenue anticipation warrant sale was assigned a preliminary SP-1 rating by Standard & Poor's Corp. in the week ending June 6, 2003. State Controller Steve Westly said that with these ratings he expects the one-year debt to sell at an interest rate below...
- S&P Gives AA to $800M of Illinois Insurance Fund Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p36
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Rating Services to attach an AA rating to the upcoming sale of revenue bonds of Illinois. Recognition of the strength of the bonds; Sales of the bonds; Role of Bear, Stearns & Co. in the transaction.
- Road Test for New Jersey. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31681, p1
Reports that New Jersey state will start selling bonds from July 22, 2003 to finance its transportation capital program. Total worth of bonds to be sold by New Jersey; Information on the ratings given to the state by rating agencies; Views of rating agency Standard & Poor Corp.'s analyst...
- S&P Report Says Sales Tax Debt Shows 'Remarkable Stability'. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p36
Reports on analysis by Standard & Poor's indicating stability of state and local tax-exempt bonds backed by sales tax revenue over 43 months leading to August 2004. Lowering of rating on only one bond issue; Greater stability in sales tax revenue exhibited by more populated states; Lead author...
- Summit Co., Utah, Revs Raised to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32354, p2
The article reports on the increase of the rating given by Standard &x0026; Poor to its rating in Summit County, Utah's sales tax revenue bonds to AA minus from A-plus. The rating reflects a steady improvement in retail sales activity and in debt service coverage levels.
- S&P Boosts $13.45B in N.Y. Tax-Backed Debt to Triple-A. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p3
The article reports that the rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has improved the rating of New York personal income tax bonds. The factors behind the upgrade are the improvement of the state's economic and personal income tax revenue and the steady performance of the sales tax revenue stream....
- CALIFORNIA: SANDAG Gets S&P AAA. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32812, p9
The article reports on the upgraded rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the sales tax bonds of San Diego County Regional Transportation Commission in California. The credit bureau revised the rating to AAA from AA, reflecting the commission's very strong debt service coverage and its...
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Eau Claire, Wis., Water Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p36
Reports on the upgrade of rating on revenue bonds of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, by standard & Poor's Corp. as of September 10, 2003.
- Standard & Poor's Eases GIC Policy For AAA Structured Housing Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p3
Reports the changes in the rating policy on triple-A rated, structured single-and multifamily housing deals for bond issuers by the Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Modification of the multifamily housing deals; Advancement of the modification to Federal Housing Administration whole-loan...