Moody's: North Carolina Cities Look Stable, for Now
- Moody's Eyes Connecticut Localities in Light of Proposed Aid Cuts. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p25
Reports on the statement by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. according to which it will monitor measures taken by Connecticut Governor John Rowland towards reducing budgetary deficit. Special report of Moody's with regard to the credit strength of Connecticut; Impact of aid...
- North Carolina Governor Signs $14.8B Budget in Time for Start of Fiscal Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31669, p4
Informs that on June 30, 2003 Governor Mike Easley of North Carolina signed into law a $14.8 billion biennial budget for the fiscal 2004-05. Factors on which the passage of the bill hinged; Features of the budget; Expectations of growth of revenue during fiscals 2004 and 2005; Credit ratings...
- Moody's Drops N.Y. State Outlook. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p1
Reports on the lowering of New York's general obligation credit rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of December 9, 2002. Debt amounts of general obligation and lease and appropriation; Acknowledgement of the state budget deficit by the governor George E. Pataki; Consideration of selling...
- Moody's Upgrades Connecticut to Aa2 Ahead of Sale This Week. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p48
Reports that Moody's Investor Service has upgraded Connecticut's general obligation bond rating and has assigned it a stable outlook. Amount of net tax-supported debt affected by the upgrade; Citation of state effort to apply conservative budgeting practices; Budget surplus of Connecticut in...
- Moody's: Beleaguered Oakland School District's Rating at Risk. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p26
Reports that Oakland Unified School District in California faces a possible state takeover due to a million dollar budget shortfall and a possible downgrade in rating, according to the financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. General obligation debts of the district; Percentage...
- Cash Flow Woes Land Buffalo on Watch List. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p5
Reports on the plan of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to reduce funds allocated to Buffalo, New York. Budget shortage for Buffalo in the year 2001; Fiscal consequences of budget reduction; Dependency of the city on state aid; Difference in credit ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service...
- Budget positive. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p29
Reports that Moody's Investors Service voiced concern over the impact of municipal aid and school aid cuts on local budgets in New Jersey.
- University of Arizona Readies Sale Amid State Budget Crunch. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p34
Reports that University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona is bracing for a possible second round of state budget cuts. Reasons for the University to cut budget; Rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the bonds; Amount of debts to be paid by the University.
- Moody's Puts Connecticut's GO Rating On Downgrade Watch, Citing Shortfall. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has put Connecticut's general obligation credit rating under review for a downgrade. Effect of Moody's outlook on state debt; Deficit in the state's budget; Other credits which are being affected.