More Cuts on the Horizon as Kansas School Crisis Worsens
- Time for change in financing methods. Aceves, Larry // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p7
Points out that California's schools have been underfunded for decades and it is time for a change in financing methods. Need for members of the Association of California School Administrators to find ways to support each other.
- If it's a budget cut, then it's personal. Manthey, George // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p11
Points out that budget decisions for schools in California will be personal because it will include reducing staff. Need for judgment calls about who will stay and who will go; Need to decide what work will not be done.
- Legislative update. Merrill, Stephen // Education Week;10/26/94, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p19
Presents information on summaries of governors' budget requests for precollegiate education and the final action by legislatures on education-related matters for Illinois, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma. Appropriations and expenditures for the budget requests.
- NEW MEXICO: Small Boost for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p9
The article reports that the New Mexico House Education Committee has established a budget for fiscal 2011 which offers 0.5% more for public education in the region.
- CAPITOL briefs. // Community College Week;3/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p3
Reports on issues concerning the 2003 budget for higher education in the U.S. Federal services that would get small increases under the 2003 budget bill; Increase in the maximum Pell grant; Amount provided for technical preparatory education; Budget provided for Supplemental Educational...
- Where has the money gone? Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb96, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p447
Elaborates on a study of spending in school districts between 1967 and 1991 conducted by Richard Rothstein and Karen Hawley Miles of the Economic Policy Institute. The creation of a Net Services Index to replace the Consumer Price Index which typically overstates the increase in education cost;...
- A Budget Deferred. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p26
Provides information on a survey on the maintenance and operations (M&O) budgets of schools in the United States. Survey methodology; Facts and figures; Regional breakdowns of M&O budgets.
- Texas, Florida & California Budgets Prompt New Strategizing About Upcoming Textbook Adoptions. // Educational Marketer;6/16/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p1
Reports on budget deliberations for education in California, Texas and Florida.
- Detroit Schools Start Fiscal Year With Deficit That Could Deepen. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33343, p28
The article reports that public schools in Detroit, Michigan is facing a 363 million dollars structural deficits.