Florida Agency to Issue New Offer for 158 Utilities Around State
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- FLORIDA: Water Suit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p31
Reports on a suit filed by officials of Hernando County, Florida to stop the sale of Florida Water Services Corp.'s water and sewer plants to the Florida Water Services Authority (FWSA). Grounds for the claims; Reasons for wanting to stop the sale; Plan of FWSA to issue revenue bonds by the end...
- Florida Water Services Corp. Suit Alleges Citrus County Hindering Asset Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p4
Reports on filing of lawsuit in federal court by Florida Water Services Corp. against Florida county. Objective of the lawsuit; Consideration of federal lawsuit using antitrust laws.
- Florida Water Plans $550M Uninsured Deal to Buy Utility. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31538, p1
Reports on the decision of the Florida Water Services Authority to sell multimillion dollar uninsured water and wastewater revenue bonds to purchase Florida Water Services Corp. Reasons behind the decision; Possible outcomes of pending litigations concerning the sale; Ratings given to bonds by...
- Water utility uses HDD, piercing tools to address rehab problems. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on Florida Water Services' use of HDD and piercing tools to address rehabilitation problems. Emphasis placed by Florida Water Services on customer service and efficiency; Use of trenchless technology.
- Foes of Florida Water Services Deal Gather. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31546, p40
Reports that officials from cities and counties with waste and water systems owned by the Florida Water Services Corp. will meet in Orlando, Florida, on January 6, 2003, to discuss their opposition to the month's planned sale of $550 million of revenue bonds. Use of bond proceeds for financing...
- Florida Water Saga Nears End With Series of Local Bond Sales. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the end of water saga in the series of local bond sales in Florida. Inclusion of Florida assets; Acquisition of the community on Florida Water Services Inc.; Price of the utility systems revenue in Palm Coast. INSET: The Deals Are in the Details.
- Market-driven pricing structures for drinking water. S.H.F.M. Meij; C.J.M. Ruiters; J.C.J. Stumphius // Water Science & Technology: Water Supply;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p225
In the Netherlands, water company sales are being driven down by water conservation measures adopted in households and by the emergence of feasible alternatives to mains water. Because the cost structure is largely fixed, prices are rising as a result. These developments are at odds with the...