Municipal Bonds End Session Lower; Florida Board Sells $273 Million Deal
- Texas Educators Eye Bond Bills as Deadline Nears. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32128, p4
The article focuses on Texas school officials who have their eyes on the legislature bill concerned about measures to issue and repay debt. A major concern shared by many Texas educators and their lobbyists is the Existing Debt Allotment, which is currently included in only one bill that's made...
- New York Dorm Authority Plans To Make Most of New Structure. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p1
Reports the preparation of the New York State Dormitory Authority to sell the $680 million in debt for education project. Total income tax of the state; Cost of debt service; Sale of the bonds.
- Secondary students' perceptions of debt and its effects on tertiary enrolment intentions. Baldwin, Gray; Gendall, Philip // Marketing Bulletin;May95, Vol. 6, p1
Investigates how the idea of debt to fund tertiary study is perceived by senior New Zealand secondary school students. Impact on enrolment of a promotion campaign portraying education as an investment; Students' attitude to incurring debt for tertiary study; Misconceptions on the student loan...
- Debt Manager Deven Mitchell. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p78
Reports on public debt issuance in Alaska. Absence of sales tax and income tax from residents; Reimbursement of municipalities financing school construction; List of funding requests; Proposal of a bill authorizing the renovations of ports and harbors; Plans for an oil pipeline project.
- The Price Is Not Right. // America;6/4/2012, Vol. 206 Issue 19, p4
The article focuses on the educational debt burden shouldered by U.S. college students which has surpassed credit card debt in size by more than one trillion dollars.
- Modernize education. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p17
Informs that the Inter-American Development Bank has approved the loan to Peru to modernize its educational system. Mechanism the loan will improve.
- $608 Million GO Plan Passes Virginia House Amid Worsening Fiscal News. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p31
Reports of approval of a legislation authorizing issuance of a general obligation debt for financing higher education, by the Virginia House of Delegates. Amount of debt issued; Sponsorship of the debt by Vincent F. Callahan Jr., chairman of the House Appropriations Committee; Role of governor...
- What other columnists are saying. // Hill;5/2/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 56, p27
The article presents views of columnists on different issues in the U.S. which include Robert Samuelson on the effects of the deep recession that cannot be cured without planning, Mary Sanchez on public education, and Bob Barr on reducing public debt.
- Student Debt Crisis: It's Time for a Jubilee. Engler, Mark // Progressive Populist;9/1/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p10
The author talks about the movement for cancellation of debt of students in the U.S. According to the author, it is time for these students to be the focus of the Jubilee debt campaign due to various factors, including high tuition, poor job prospects and loans that take long to be paid. The...