South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant
- California Power Agency Readies First Three Offerings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p44
Reports the bond financing plans of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Approval of the agreement to construct and operate power plant; Issuance of tax-exempt industrial development bonds; Plan to re-market the bonds.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.
- Utah City faces electric bond default due to defective Rolls-Royce turbine. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p5
Reports that Hildale City, Utah, may default on the electric revenue bonds in early 2000 because the electric generating turbines bought with the bond proceeds do not work. Threat of insurers to terminate coverage of the facility; Joint ownership of the plant; Negotiation with Rolls Royce.
- Pennsylvania Agency Caps Of Utility Deal With $100 Million Sale. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p3
Reports on the plan of the Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority to sell variable-rate exempt facilities revenue bonds in Pennsylvania. Terms and value of the planned move; Use of the proceeds to construct a power plant; Amount of the private-activity bond cap.
- The Pursuit of Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p1
Reports the utilization of bonds to build electric power-plants in San Francisco, California. Options of keeping lights and easing power shortage; Plans of sharing energy from the wastewater treatment facility; Importance of looking into the cost and benefits of the plan.
- Do-it-Yourself Calif. Power Plan: Rush to Build Local Plants Grows. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p1
Reports on the plans of the city of Corona, California, to form a joint powers authority that will issue bonds to finance its electric power-plant projects . Concerns of city officials on the statewide energy crisis; Power-plant applications received by the city; Cost of the projects.
- Merchant plants may boost bond sales for muni utilities. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30682, p4
Reports that the growth of electric power-plant construction may increase bond sales for municipal utilities in the United States. Santee Cooper's plan to build a natural gas plant for about $350 million; City of Klamath Falls, Oregon's sale of about $300 million in bonds to finance the...
- Peculiar Power Plant Offering Earns Missouri High Court's OK. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/22/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32534, p3
The article reports on the approval of the taxable $140 million revenue bond issue by the Missouri Supreme Court for the construction of a for-profit electric power plant in Missouri. The bond, which was sold by the city under the state constitution, is operated by Aquila Inc. Furthermore, the...
- Solar Push. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p27
Reports on New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson's plans in building New Mexico's first solar power plant. Amount of general obligation bonds that Richardson plans to use as seed money.