Philly's Giant School Plans
- Appeals Court Mandates Better N.Y.C. School Funding Formula. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p3
A day after New York City mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and the City Council reached a final agreement on the fiscal 2004 budget, the state's highest court yesterday issued a ruling in favor of New York City schools that could have long-term implications for the finances of both city and state. The...
- School Loans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p35
Reports on the plans of Westlake, Texas officials to raise loan of $200,000 for its charter school Westlake Academy for start-up operational costs. Failure of the city to draw bidders for sale of $12.4 million of certificates of participation in January 2002.
- Ohio Lawmakers to Tackle Tricky Job of School Reform. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the financing of Ohio's public schools. Discrimination against poor districts; Funding innovations in the state budget.
- Detroit Plans $400M Sale For Schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p1
No abstract available.
- Report: Texas Schools Need Finance Reform or System Could 'Collapse'. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p3
Reports the need of Texas Association of School Administrator and the Texas Association of School Boards to reform the school financing. Importance of local school officials support; Status of the education program; Funds of the school.
- TEXAS: Judson ISD Eyes Package. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/10/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33364, p7
The article reports on a bond package of 198 million dollars considered by the Judson Independent School District in Bexar County to build a new high school and two new elementary schools.
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/30/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that public schools in Grand Haven, Michigan have approved 275,000 U.S. dollar spending on several K-8 math textbooks.
- New York City Tops 2000 Per-Pupil Expenditures. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the per-pupil expenditures in the New York City school district. Scope of market opportunities in each state; Expenditures for instructional materials and for non-salary instruction.
- State Funding of K-12 Education Rises a Bit In 2003; Local Schools Shoulder More of the Burden. // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on efforts to increase funding for U.S. public schools for 2002. Increase in cigarette taxes and other state fees; Maintenance of amount of general aid to local schools; Statewide spending growth for 2003 fiscal year.