Letters of Credit Stand at Center of Detroit Airport Controversy
- Solomon's 3rd term. Wilson, Tonja // Crain's Detroit Business;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p23
Announces Ricardo Solomon's re-election as chairman of the Wayne County Board of Commissioners for the third time.
- County, DeMattia still talking. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p47
Reports on the negotiation between Wayne County and Robert DeMattia's Huntington Falls Ltd. Partnership for the sale of a 700-acre piece of state-owned land. Requirement of approval by the Wayne County Board of Commissioners; Heinz Prechter, DeMattia's partner; Bid of 31.75 million dollars.
- McNamara must show he is worthy of honor. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p8
Comments on the decision of the Wayne County Board of Commissioners to name the midfield terminal at Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Michigan after county executive Ed McNamara. McNamara's role in the terminal's construction; Controversies about naming public structures after living people;...
- Airport-limo pact ok'd. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/8/96, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p41
Focuses on the vote by the Wayne County Board of Commissioners to extend Metro Cars' exclusive contract for limousine service at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Michigan. Details of the contract; Views of the president of MPG Transport of Livonia, Michael Wysocki.
- Wayne County Commission OKs sale of online system. Bailey, Laura // Crain's Detroit Business;05/07/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p2
Reports that the Wayne County, Michigan Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to sell its online procurement system to Digital Economic Technologies LLC.
- Wayne County, Mich. Sets State Intervention Vote. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;8/5/2015, p1
The Wayne County, Mich. board of commissioners is scheduled to vote Thursday on how to resolve its financial emergency.
- Pathfinder blazing trails. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;11/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p3
Reports on air cargo shipping company Pathfinder Air Resources' negotiations with the board of Wayne County, Michigan for reduced rent in return for improvements and maintenance on the hangar and office building at the Willow Run Airport. Pathfinder as division of logistics company F.X....
- Wayne County commissioners approve land bank. Smith, Jennette; Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;6/19/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p25
The article reports that Wayne County Board of Commissioners on Thursday approved plans to create a county land bank. The commission voted 8-6 to create an intergovernmental agreement with the Michigan State Land Bank Fast Track Authority for a five-member county land bank authority. The Wayne...
- They can't see the forest for the trees. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;10/13/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p0008
The article discusses Wayne County Commission committee vote on housing Wayne County Jail in a former state prison on Mound Road in Detroit, Michigan. Topics include planning of Gratiot Avenue project, jail project and overruns. Alleged bad planning and finance for the infrastructure is also...