Munis Little Changed in Light Session; $100 Million of DARTs Hit Primary
- DART Deal Boosted By BABs. Williamson, Richard; Saskal, Rich; Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33132, p1
The article reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has made $1 billion bond issue in Texas on June 16, 2009. It notes that the deal is expected to make history to the bond market as it is the largest deal made in the Southwestern States for the year. Moreover, DART believes that the...
- Wisconsin Plans $20M for Veterans In a Return to Negotiated Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32733, p40
The article reports on the plan of the local government of Wisconsin to issue general obligation (GO) worth $20 million. According to state capital finance director Frank Hoadley, Merrill Lynch & Co. and Siebert Brandford Shank & Co. are chosen to be the deal's co-senior managers. Proceeds of...
- Market Post: More Supply Prices; Munis Rise. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/17/2014, Issue 34228, p1
The municipal bond market is seeing some of the last of the big issues being priced on Tuesday. Prices of high-quality municipal bonds were firmer at mid-session, according to Municipal Market Data.
- Munis Fairly Flat as N.Y.C. Sells $750M. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/19/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p18
The article reports that the municipal market kept to be fairly flat amid light to moderate secondary trading activity and as New York City came to market with approximately 750 million dollars of total issuance. It notes that the in the new-issue market for March 18, 2010, Siebert Brandford...
- Munis Slightly Firmer as Large Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/17/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33133, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal markets with the aid from largest scheduled transactions priced in the primary market in the U.S. Siebert Brandford Shank & Co. gained a $830 million of Build America Bonds (BAB) for Dallas Arca Rapid Transit over the 175 basis points of the...
- Market Post: New Issues Remain in Focus. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/26/2014, Issue 34217, p1
The municipal bond market is keeping its focus on new issues as the last of the week's supply comes to market.
- Almost All Yields Decline in Short Week. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 38, p9
The article reports on the slight decrease of the The Bond Buyer's yield indexes in the secondary trading activity and rising Treasury yields in the U.S. Michael Pietronico, the chief executive officer at Miller Tabak Asset Management, observes on the proper handling of the primary issuance in...
- Market Post: Munis Firm for Sixth Day as Puerto Rico Rallies. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;10/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34004, p1
The article reports that municipal bond prices in the primary bond market of Puerto Rico have increased for sixth-day rally in bond prices as of October 2013. It informs that a trader from Chicago, Illinois has stated that activity in secondary bond market has slowed down in the region in...
- Munis Steady to Stronger as Traders Await Volume. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/14/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34544, p1
Top-shelf municipal bonds were steady to stronger in early activity, traders said, ahead of more supply scheduled to come their way on Wednesday.