Salomon Hires Boost Health Care
- Solly bankers have few options in wake of Dimon's ouster. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/09/98, Vol. 64 Issue 45, p8
Reports on the lack of career options available to Salomon Smith Barney investment bankers who would like to leave the company for more stable jobs at other firms. List of top executives who departed the firm following Smith Barney's merger with Salomon Brothers; Level of uncertainty at other...
- Banc One Gets Its Man In Saffold. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p1
Reports the resignation of Gene Saffold as investment banker of Salomon Smith Barney in the U.S. Expectation of Banc One on Saffold; Career background; Experiences in public bond management.
- De Carvalho named vice chairman at Salomon SB. Cooper, Ron // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/10/99, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the appointment of investment banker Michel de Carvalho as vice chairman of Salomon Smith Barney. De Carvalho's role as vice chairman of the Nikko Salmon Smith Barney joint venture; Career in sports; History of de Carvalho's career in finance.
- After a long search, Salomon finds a successor to Lorello. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/21/99, Vol. 65 Issue 25, p3
Reports on Salomon Smith Barney's hiring of David MacCallum, ING Baring's top healthcare banker, to lead the firm's effort to rebuild its vaunted healthcare investment banking franchise. Hiring of Margaret McKenna from ING Baring's to hold the position of managing director at Salomon;...
- Salomon nabs two top tech bankers from Merrill Lynch. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/09/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 39, p9
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has hired two technology bankers from Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Details of the bankers' experiences; Significance of the hiring for the improved technology banking activity of Salomon.
- TOP INVESTMENT BROKERS. Shankar, Amita // Business News New Jersey;3/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p24
Presents a chart depicting the ranks of investment brokers in New Jersey. Year for the establishment of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Number of brokers of Salomom Smith Barney in the state; Name of senior executive at Morgan Stanley & Co.
- In banking's starless firmament, Eduardo Mestre quietly shines. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p21
Features Eduardo Mestre, Salomon Smith Barney's investment banking co-head and said to be one of the telecommunications industry's pre-eminent deal makers. Mestre's role in some of the biggest telecom deals in 1998; Building of franchise of Salomon.
- Salomon Hires M&A Experts from Merrill. Stock, Helen // American Banker;10/13/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 197, p24
Reports on Salomon Smith Barney's hiring of bankers Stephan Month and Georg Schloendorff for its technology mergers and acquisitions group.
- A Young Heretic in Private Equity Spurs Salomon SB's Rise in Europe. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/22/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p18
Features Salomon Smith Barney's Michael Klein. Recipient of 'Investment Dealers' Digest' journal's Banker of the Year award; Firm's merger with merchant bank Schroders PLC; Career background; Penchant for original and sometimes heretical thinking.