It's time the sun set on America's aerial empire
- US Airways seeks deal with insurers. Noakes, Gary; Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/26/2002, Issue 2528, p60
Reports on the efforts of US Airways Inc. to sign a deal with insurers to allow sales through consolidators. Negotiations to reinstate a special airline failure insurance; Plan to cut passenger capaciity by 13 percent.
- China Suitor. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/2/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 13, p15
The article focuses on the efforts by US Airways to join its five major-airline competitors in the China market. The airline has asked the Transportation Department for authority to code-share to Beijing and Shanghai with United Airlines and beyond the gateways with Air China. Noting that...
- Stealthy Recovery. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/18/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p34
The article reports that airlines in the U.S. are operating more efficiently than they have in years, traffic is at record levels, and more seats than ever are filled. They're also barreling toward a collective loss of $5 billion or more this year. The Air Transport Association estimates the...
- Southwest issues challenge. Field, David // Airline Business;Dec2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p13
Deals with the airline transportation service of the company Southwest in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Details of the airline service operation of the company; Challenges and competition being posed by the company with US Airways; Financial performance of airline companies.
- BARBADOS. // Caribbean Update;Aug2009, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the announcement by U.S. Airways that it will fly to Barbados from its Philadelphia hub four days a week starting October 1, 2009 and offer daily service for the winter season starting December 19, 2009. According to Suzanne Boda, senior vice president of East Coast,...
- High Times. Gordon, Ken // Fast Company;Feb2004, Issue 79, p36
The article features several best-read magazines in the skies. American Way features the Celebrated Weekend, in which an interchangeable celebrity of the moment gives the low-down on a favorite city. US Airways' AttachÃ© covers such topics as the meaning of corporate color. Its October 2003...
- US Airways adds eight more Manchester flights. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/12/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p5C
Reports on the decision of US Airways Inc. to increase the airline's number of flights serving Manchester Airport in New Hampshire. Reasons behind the airline's decision; Number of flights offered by US Airways serving the Manchester Airport. INSET: Airport attracts hotel construction.
- LCC Continues PIT Drawdown. // Regional Aviation News;10/8/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the reduction in the number of daily regional flights of US Airways in October 2007. Affected flight routes are from Charleston, Western Virginia, Chicago, Illinois and Denver, Colorado, among others. It cites the 40 million U.S. dollars losses as the reason for the flight...
- Airline taxis into bankruptcy -- again. // Business North Carolina;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p14
Reports that US Airways Group has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in two years. Number of employee at its hub at the Charlotte/Douglas International Airport in North Carolina; Result of the airline's reorganization plan; Brief submitted by the company to the U.S....