Is the UK spending spree finally over?
- Retail Market Improves in Q4, More Growth Expected. WOODWARD, BLAKE // Orange County Business Journal;4/6/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p35
The article reports on the improvement of the retail market in Orange County, California in the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014 in terms of retail sales, expansion, and tenant demand due to consumer confidence.
- NRF: Momentum in April Consumer Buying. // Home Textiles Today;5/24/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p18
In this article the National Retail Federation (NRF) informs that though the sales gain advances the consumers confidence but it will be tough challenge for retailers to hold the same momentum.
- Dwindling Confidence Could Spell Shaky 2001. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p15
Forecasts the effect of consumer confidence on retail sales in the United States as of November 2001. Basis on consumer sentiment index survey presented by the Conference Board and the University of Michigan; Statistics of sales decrease; Impact of the situation on nationwide economic situation.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Retail. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/9/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 34, p50
Presents a graphical depiction on retail from the investment banking database in the U.S. as of September 2002. Plans to introduce cooking oil to prepare Chicken McNuggets; Emphasis on the lagging consumer confidence in the U.S. economy; Lists of U.S. issue bookrunners in the industry.
- Contradictory consumer data a puzzle for Fed. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;9/3/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 168, p24
Reports on the implications of the contradiction between the six-year-high in consumer confidence in the United States and the softening in summer retail sales, for the Federal Reserve's plan to look at interest rates in September 24, 1996. Economists' assessment of the divergence; Expectations...
- Consumer confidence unchanged in November. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/27/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 102, p3
Reports on the consistency of the consumer confidence level on retailers for the month of November. Healthy holiday sales as a result of the strong level of confidence coupled with low unemployment, modest inflationary pressures and wage growth; Confidence on current business conditions;...
- Consumer confidence jump gave no Yule comfort to retail. Jennifer, Owens // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/31/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 123, p2
Examines the decline in retail sales in the United States for the 1997 holiday season, despite an increased in the Consumer Confidence Index. Factors that contributed to the increase in consumer confidence; Analysts' explanation on the lack of disparity in the buoyant index and the declined in...
- Report: San Diego Retail Market Likely to Suffer. // San Diego Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p45
Forecasts a decline of the retail property market in San Diego, California. Drop of consumer confidence; Increase of vacancy rate due to store closures.'
- Value Retailers lead OC Market. Moore, Jeff // Orange County Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p24
Reports on the state of the retail trade in Orange County, California. Decline in the consumer confidence; Factors influencing a national retail real estate recession; Initiative to sustain consumer demand.