Increased competition sees BBC Magazine revamp Eve
- BBC Magazine plots women's glossy. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign (UK);02/11/2000, Issue 6, p1
Reports on BBC Magazines' plan to launch a glossy magazine for women. Aim to carve out a new niche in the women's magazine market. Advertising campaign to support the launch; Circulation target.
- Former ladette aims to bring breath of fresh air to the BBC. Campbell, Lisa // Campaign (UK);02/18/2000, Issue 7, p20
Profiles Gill Hudson, new-product development manager for BBC Worldwide's lifestyle division and editor of its `Project Urma' magazine in Great Britain. Editorial background; Plans for BBC's lifestyle magazine; Employment background; Personality.
- BBC Worldwide finalises revamp. // Marketing Week;11/27/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p12
Details the reorganization of BBC Worldwide. Deletion of the consumer products division which focused on book, video and spoken word publishing; New responsibilities given to magazine publishing directors.
- BBC boosts science programming with monthly magazine. // Campaign;01/30/98, Issue 5, p4
Reports that `BBC Magazines' is scheduled to introduce its technology title, `Tomorrow's World on March 5, 1998. Comments from Stuart Snaith, BBC Worldwide's publishing director; Aim of the magazine.
- Three in the net for BBCWW. // Televisual;Oct2005, p13
Reports on the selection of Canal Plus Co., RTP Co. and Mulipole Co. for BBC Worldwide Ltd.'s upcoming football series "The Greatest Show on Earth" in Great Britain.
- BBC Worldwide heads north for sales mart. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/17/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 34, p5
The article reports on the transfer of BBC Worldwide Ltd.'s annual sales mart showcase from Brighton to Liverpool, England at the city's Arena and Convention Center in 2012 which features the company's export event on sales and distribution.
- BBC Radi commercial arm hunts global agency. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;10/9/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p14
Reports that BBC Radio International, a division of BBC Worldwide Ltd., is looking for a media agency to handle its launch into sponsorship and advertising on overseas radio programs. Names of agencies being considered by BBC Radio; Profile of BBC Radio International.
- BBC pulls children's title over diary entry. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign (UK);12/18/98, Issue 51, p6
Reports that BBC Magazines was forced to withdraw an issue of its children's title `Live & Kicking,' from retailers' shelves in December 1998 after an inappropriate entry was found in its giveaway diary. Details on the diary; Views of BBC spokeswoman on the issue; Registered circulation of...
- Transparency is the key to BBC avoiding more embarrassment. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/29/2001, p18
Focuses on the developments in BBC Worldwide. Involvement of a BBC board member in kickbacks on toy merchandising deals in HongKong; Impact of the audit of financial systems carried out by accountants Arthur Andersen; Need for maximum transparency in the companies' commercial dealings.