ITV bosses plan joint tour of media agencies
- ITV bosses plan joint tour of media agencies. // Marketing Week;8/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p14
Reports on the plan of ITV Corp. executives to team up with Carlton Communications and Granada sales house chiefs in a tour of the top media agencies and key advertisers to promote ITV as a brand. Speculation about the joint effort from critics; Names of executives involved in the venture.
- Carlton CEO ankles in merger overhaul. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;10/31/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 19, p12
Reports on executive changes at British television firms Carlton Communications, ITV and Granada PLC in 2002. Gerry Murphy's decision to leave Carlton; Replacement of Murphy by Carlton chairman Michael Green; Roles of Green and Charles Allen in ITV and Granada; Grant Mansfield's departure from...
- Brits OK ITV merger, but combo tricky. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;07/17/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the British government's approval of ITV's consolidation of its mass media units, Granada Media Group, Carlton Communications PLC and United News & Media PLC. Terms of the merger agreement; Hurdles faced by ITV in merging its units; Conditions set by the government before approving...
- United's TSMS to close after Granada buy-out. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign;08/04/2000, Issue 31, p5
Reports that Great Britain-based advertising agency Granada Media's takeover of United News and Media's ITV franchises will result in the closure of TSMS, the sales house of United, after the buy-out. Redundancy of positions at TSMS; Need for measures to ensure that concentration of ownership...
- Advertisers breathe easy after botched ITV merger. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;3/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p15
Presents opinions of advertisers on the aborted merging between Carlton Communications and Granada Television in Great Britain. Impact of the consolidations on small advertisers; Reasons for the opposition of mergers; Details on the increasing competition in radio and outdoor media.
- Analyst: Rough Road road for ITV Digi. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/5/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 22, p10
Reports on condition of the ITV Digital company owned by Granada and Carlton Communications. Options for company restructuring; Estimate costs for the closure of the company; Effect of the restructuring of the company.
- Merger talks off for Carlton, Granada. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/5/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 22, p82
Reports the termination of merger negotiations between Carlton Communications PLC and Granada company in Great Britain. Intention of the companies to wait for the government to ease ownership regulations; Launch on the restructuring of ITV Digital by the companies; Overview on the ownership...
- Carlton buys HTV from Granada. Robey, Tim // Daily Variety;10/25/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 38, p10
Reports that Carlton Communications has purchased HTV, a regional ITV station for Wales and west England, from Granada Media. Purchase price.
- Obstacles loom for a single TV. // Marketing Week;10/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p3
Discusses obstacles to Carlton Communications and Granada's plan to create a single interactive television (ITV). Maintenance of effective competition in airtime sales; Communications Bill which paves the way fir a single ITV by removing certain restrictions.