Seattle Voters May Get Monorail Referendum as Soon as November
- Monorail extension still on for 2004. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;6/16/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the monorail extension project in Las Vegas, Nevada for implementation in 2004. Cost and details of the extension project; Environmental approval for the project from the Federal Transit Administration; Pricing and rates.
- Monorail link may finally be on track. Jackson, Hugh // Las Vegas Business Press;01/05/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Discusses Clark County Regional Transportation Commission's plan for about 20 miles of fixed guideway system or monorail along Las Vegas Boulevard in Nevada. Projected benefits for commuters and tourists; County commission meeting's agenda including an ordinance allowing private entities to...
- Is monorail taking taxpayers for a ride? Ward // Las Vegas Business Press;10/25/99, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the lack of consensus over the cost of the proposed monorail project in Las Vegas, Nevada. Clark County Commission's approval of a use permit for the project; Comparison of cost estimates made by planners, the Regional Transportation Commission, and Monorail LLC, a private group that...
- MONORAIL ON TRACK. // Concrete Products;Sep2004, Vol. 107 Issue 9, special section pPC10
Reports on the launch of the Robert N. Broadbent Las Vegas Monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Revenue generated during the first day of its opening; Composition of the monorails' platforms; Fare rate of the rail service.
- Monorail Back on Track. // Travel Agent;8/1/2005, Vol. 322 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the Las Vegas Monorail in Nevada. Number of trains and stations; Location of the monorail stations; Future expansion plans.
- Futuristic Transport Pods Coming to Tel Aviv. // Israel Faxx;7/29/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 148W, p8
The article discusses the introduction of Sky Tran, a mass transport system of pods tethered to monorail tracks that uses magnets to decrease friction which is expected to ease the notorious traffic of Tel Aviv, Israel and the world's first city to host the system.
- Seattle monorail plan stalls at RFP stage; revenue bonds seen. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p3
Reports that Elevated Transportation Corp., charged with building a 41-mile monorail through Seattle, Washington, has postponed plans to issue a request for proposals to build the system. Need for tax-exempt revenue bonds; Payment and distribution of the requests for proposals.
- LAS VEGAS EYES MONORAIL PLANS. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/19/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 24, p48
Reports on the proposed monorail system in Las Vegas, Nevada submitted to the state Department of Business and Industry after a public hearing on June 8, 2000. Details on the design-build project; Cost of the proposed monorail system; Construction schedule; How the project will be financed.
- Not Just for Theme Parks Anymore. Sinderbrand, Rebecca // Newsweek;12/9/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 24, p11
Anticipates the construction of a monorail transportation system in Seattle, Washington. Opinion that the system's low cost and environmental friendliness appealed to city residents; Possibility that voters' associations of the monorail with theme parks may have helped get the plan approved.