SOUTH DAKOTA: Trying to Cap Taxes
- SOUTH DAKOTA: Cutting Costs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the plans of governor of South Dakota Bill Janklow's proposed budget for fiscal year 2003. Amount of reserve funds used in 2002 and 2003; Amount of spending in the proposed budget; Funding to property-tax relief package.
- Limiting imminent domain. // State Government News;Apr99, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
Reports that Wyoming Governor Bill Janklow has signed a bill concerning railroads on March 9, 1999. Changes brought by the bill.
- Canadian truck inspections `on hold'. JOHNSON, SAGE // Overdrive;Nov98, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p111
Reports that trucks which haul grains and livestock out of Canada were stopped in South Dakota from September 15 through October 6, 1998. Inspection ordered by South Dakota Governor Bill Janklow; Order to lift the inspection.
- Little Houses on the Prairie. Rogers, Patrick; Nelson, Margaret // People;09/27/99, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p113
Focuses on South Dakota Governor Bill Janklow's program where prison inmates work to build low-cost housing for residents of the state.
- Future of South Dakota's 'anti-gay' highway program uncertain. Szymanski, Katie // Bay Area Reporter;8/16/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p17
Criticizes the decision of South Dakota Governor Bill Janklow to cancel the adopt-a-highway program in an effort to disallow gay and lesbian groups to participate in the program. Janklow's opposition to the visibility of gay and lesbian groups in the program; Use of the gay and lesbian groups...
- CONGRESSMAN CHARGED. // Cycle World;Dec2003, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p25
Reports the U.S. Representative Bill Janklow has been charged with second-degree manslaughter in the death of Minnesota motorcyclist Randy Scott.
- Major Actions of the 108th Congress. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p46
The article informs about some major actions of the 108th U.S. Congress. The 108th Congress was convened on January 7, 2003, with both chambers under Republican control. In the House of Representatives, Republicans held 229 seats and Democrats 205, with 1 independent aligned with the Democrats,...
- MILESTONES. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/22/2003, Issue 50, p22
The article presents news briefs related to world politics. Republican congressman and former Governor of South Dakota Bill Janklow was convicted of second-degree manslaughter for running a stop sign and killing a motorcyclist. The death of former democratic Senator Paul Simon was reported. An...
- Unfocused Federal Wildfire Effort Draws Fire From States. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;3/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of South Dakota Governor Bill Janklow to file a lawsuit against the U.S. Forest Service for its alleged mismanagement of the Black Hills National Forest. Implications of the lawsuit; Information on a report released by the General Accounting Office on wildfires; Discussion on...