Virginia Lawmakers Propose $1.6 Billion College Construction Package
- Will Newburgh's 'change of guard' adversely affect chance at institute? Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the disputes over the construction of Hudson River Institute in New York City. Lack of budget; Location site of the project; Details on the support given by the government.
- CUTTING CLASS. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p17
Examines the effect of California's budget problems on the University of California, Irvine and California State University in Fullerton. Estimated percentage of funding cuts from the federal government; Plans of the universities to grow in enrollment; Decision to freeze hiring of faculty...
- 'Challenging' financial settlement for England's universities. // Adults Learning;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the reduction of 940 million British pounds from universities' budgets for teaching, research and buildings in Great Britain over the 2011-2012 academic year which risks turning the country into a second-tier economy.
- Colleges to bid for Â£50m funding pie. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Jul2010, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p9
The article provides information about the scheme by the British Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, which offers a chance for colleges to bid for a 50 million-pound budget for their facilities.
- Slumping Economy Delivers Budget Cuts to Colleges. Thompson, Kate // Community College Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
Deals with issues surrounding the budget cuts for community colleges in Iowa in 2002. Reason for the cuts; States most affected by the economic decline in the United States; Ways in which colleges can control costs.
- Maryland University System Cuts Bonding, Eyes Tuition Hike. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p38
Reports on the impact of Maryland's continuing budget problems and reduction on the University System of Maryland bonds. Anticipation of an increase in tuition fee; Amount bonds issued by the university per year; Use of inflation-adjusted dollars.
- Newest universities face biggest cuts. // Adults Learning;Apr2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the funding cuts for universities in England announced by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) in March 2011.
- U. of Puerto Rico Turns to Students Before Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/8/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33329, p4
The article reports that the University of Puerto Rico seeks additional revenue from its students to address budget deficit worth 166 million dollars for the 2010-2011 school year and to support capital projects in Puerto Rico.
- College officials prepare for budget cuts. Fujimoto, Deborah Rivera // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/11/2003, Issue 323111, p3
Reports that the State Center Community College officials in Fresno, California are expecting a decrease in registration because of enrollment fees that are set to rise due to state budget cuts. Possible decrease in student services; Funding for the community college system; Impact of the...