Somerfield rebrands its value range
- Somerfield halves cost of e-mail storage. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;1/30/2003, p14
Reports on the plans of Great Britain-based supermarket chain Somerfield PLC to cut its storage costs and improve dispute resolution with its suppliers. Use of an e-mail management and archiving system to handle weekly mails; Difficulties faced by the company in handling e-mail traffic and...
- Can Somerfield build a strong brand identity? Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);2/21/2002, p15
Reports the condition of Somerfield on the supermarket sector in Great Britain. Remarks of executive chairman John von Spreckelsen on the profit performance of the company; Changes observed on marketing strategies; Acceptance for the strong competition within the industry.
- Somerfield SWOT Analysis. // Somerfield SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p1
The article profiles Somerfield, a firm that specializes in the operation of supermarkets across Great Britain. Its financial performance for the fiscal year ended April 2005 has improved. The operation of the company is only limited. There are various business opportunities for Somerfield....
- Key Facts. // Somerfield SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
The article provides information on Somerfield, a firm that specializes in the operation of supermarkets across Great Britain. It indicates the headquarter address, telephone number, Web address, number of employees of the company and its revenue for fiscal year ended April 2005.
- Somerfield looks to hail Taxi packs. // Design Week;10/23/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p5
Reports that Bristol, England-based design firm Taxi has been appointed to revamp packaging across British supermarket chain Somerfield's entire fresh produce range. Products included in the revamp; Importance of the fresh produce category for the supermarket; Details of the design brief given...
- Joined-up thinking. Roberts, Jo // In-Store;May2008, p11
The article discusses a partnership deal signed by Woolworths to put some of its products in certain Somerfield supermarket stores in Great Britain. The high-street retailer is testing products from its Worthit! value range in three Somerfield stores, while Somerfield will start selling food...
- Elyo: making a splash in the UK market. // MarketWatch: Energy;September 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p7
Reports on Elyo Services' signing of a technical services contract with British supermarket chain Somerfield PLC. Terms of the contract; Trend in outsourcing business critical energy-intensive processes.
- Worthit! to star in Somerfield. Jack, Rodney // DIY Week;4/11/2008, p04
The article focuses on the Worthit! range of products from Woolworths to be tested in Somerfield in April 2008. Somerfield also intends to introduce a convenience-focused food trial in up to three Woolworths stores within the next six months. Woolworths reported a 3.2 percent decline in sales as...
- Somerfield adds own-label wines. // Marketing (00253650);11/22/2006, p8
The article reports that Somerfield PLC is planning to sell a range of South American wines to raise the reputation of its own-label offering. The name and packaging design for four Argentinian wines and six Chilean wines have been designed by Vibrandt. Somerfield said own-label wines are viewed...