Fairgrounds try to improve their image
- AGO CHAPTER NEWS - REGION VII--NORTH CENTRAL. Kinnaugh, Norm // American Organist Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p34
The article reports that a Skills Fair was sponsored by the Greater Kansas City, Missouri/Kansas chapter of the American Guild of Organists (AGO) on August 25, 2012.
- Dresses and sweaters top buyers' lists at L.A. mart. Dang, Kim-Van // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/30/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p12
Highlights the 1995 markets held at the California Mart on January 13 to 17, 1995 in Los Angeles. Market activity; Buyer registration; Events; T-shirts as the hottest item at the markets.
- The Dallas decision: Five markets per year. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/16/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 11, p20
Presents updates on the schedule for the International Apparel Mart in Dallas, Texas, in 1997. Retention of annual schedule of five markets based on response of exhibitors and retailers to a survey conducted by the mart; Dallas mart's testing of ways to attract more retailers; Services to be...
- Juneau's public market. Parmelee, Catherine // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p10
Features the 1999 Alaska-Juneau Public Market holiday bazaar held at the capital's Centennial Hall. History of the market; Entertainment events; Product offerings; Vendors' comments on the event.
- Hollywood, take note: Graydon giveth, and Graydon taketh away. Dumenco, Simon // Advertising Age;2/25/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses the Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter and his annual Academy Awards party that was canceled due to the Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike. Carter stated that the cancellation was an act of solidarity against the motion picture studio bosses. The author notes the success...
- Flexible, one stop shopping leads to Dowd and Guild's... // Paint & Coatings Industry;July97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p42
Discusses information about the marketing approach used by Dowd and Guild Incorporated for containers and equipment used by manufacturers to produce their products. Company's application of the approach since 1986; How the company starts a container business; Company's strategy in supporting...
- Roving Reporters. McDevitt, Maryanne; Weaver, Beverly; Simpson, Karen; Baker, Dorothy; Hurd, Julie // Handwoven;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on various weaving guilds in the U.S. On April 30, 2011, Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers members Melissa Cooper and Maryanne McDevitt took part in the Philadelphia International Street Fair. In June 2011, members of Pikes Peak Weavers Guild demonstrated weaving, spinning,...
- The Folly of Our Obsession with Fairness. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;12/9/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p10
Discusses the concept of fairness in the labor market in New Jersey. History of labeling people; Background of the Great Tax Shootout of 2002; Enforcement of fairness in the state.
- World's Fair offers variety of marketing opportunities. // Marketing News;11/28/1980, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Presents information on the World's Fair to be held in Knoxville, Tennessee from May 1 to October 31, 1982. Reason for choosing energy as the theme of the fair; Ways by which marketers can participate in the fair; Countries that have expressed interest in attending the event.