Using notes to sign up coppers
- MONEY FOR NOTHING? Benady, David // Marketing Week;8/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p24
Comments on possible problems associated with the British government's spending on campaigns to encourage recruitment to the public service industries. Rise in applications as a result of advertisements with sanitized versions of reality; Possible increase in school dropout rates; Campaigns for...
- Competition time. Prashar, Baroness // People Management;8/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p38
Offers a look at the reforms implemented in the British civil service. Factors driving the changes; Benefits of having consultants recruit senior posts; Role of the commissioner.
- Awards highlight teacher triumphs. // Public Finance;03/30/2001, p6
Reports on the finalists to the 2001 Public Servants of the Year Awards organized by the periodical 'Public Finance.' Finalists from the education sector; Background on the award.
- Shake-up in Hong Kong. Harding, David // Public Finance;10/01/99, p22
Looks at civil service issues in Hong Kong, China. Placement of civil servants on contracts where benefits are severely reduced; Introduction of performance-related pay; Greater competition for senior posts; Stricter system for penalizing staff; Attempts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative...
- Civil Service exam apps. available. // New York Amsterdam News;12/31/98, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the availability of civil service examination applications from a Bronx district in New York City. Contact information.
- Restoring the Public's Trust in Public Service. Cheng, Susan M. // Public Manager;Fall2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p51
Features an essay entitled 'Restoring the Public's Trust in Public Service.' Objectives in improving the image of government employment; Author's plans as a future public servant and eradicating government bureaucracy; Plan to collaborate with media and establishing a relationship between...
- Jobless Claims Off 8,000 to 380,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state employment in the United States in the week which ended on August 11, 2001.
- NOTE BOOK. Brooker, Simeon // Ebony;Dec1973, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p34
The article offers information on the 1973 honor roll for public service in the U.S. including Frank Wills, security guard of Watergate, William T. Coleman, a corporate lawyer, and Barbara Jordan, a Texas congresswoman.
- Relax -- dispersal plans produce only imaginary space savings. // Estates Gazette;11/8/2003, Issue 345, p27
Reports on the dispersal of civil service office jobs from London, England. Number of jobs that would be dispersed from the state; Information on the business process outsourcing (BPO); Expected improvement in the BPO market.