The 70th Birthday of Aleksandr Alekseevich Boyarchuk
- Preface. Padmanabhan, T // Pramana: Journal of Physics;Jul2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Astrophysicists selected to receive 1997 Crafoord prize. // Physics Today;Aug97 Part 1, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p73
Provides information on the 1997 Crafoord Prize by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in recognizing achievements in scientific fields not covered by the Nobel Prizes. Winners of the award; Amount of the annual prize; Brief information about the winners.
- What's hot in birthdays. // Discount Store News;7/18/94, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p41
Presents the results of research on Americans' celebration of birthdays. Number of Americans who had cake on their birthday; Party goods sales at discount stores and supermarkets; Birthday observance at the office; Exchange of cards and gifts; Pre-teens and teens as hefty card purchasers.
- Send me a memory... Black, K.S. // Good Housekeeping;Sep91, Vol. 213 Issue 3, p68
Describes the written memories the author asked special friends and family to give to her of her on the occasion of the author's fortieth birthday. These gifts turned out to be as much a gift for them as they were for the author.
- Birthdays. Rogers, Fred; Kwas, Susan // Ladybug;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, following p34
Discusses the importance of birthdays. Planning children's birthdays; GIft-giving.
- Birthdays: Creating a memorable celebration. Carroll, Catherine // Ladybug;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, preceding p35
Discusses tips on planning children's birthdays. Activities; Recipes; Music; Birthday traditions.
- Party survival guide. K.M. // Parenting;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p242
Presents tips in staging birthday celebrations. Includes planning; Hiring of helpers; Purchasing of supplies.
- It's party time! // Turtle;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p31
Suggests several tips on how to have a successful children's birthday party. Key to a successful children's party; How to plan four weeks before the party; Three weeks before the party. INSET: Recommended Reading..
- Cakes, cards, and candles. Brown, Camala // American Demographics;Mar95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the common forms of greeting given to birthday celebrants in the United States. Verbal greeting and cards as the most common; Differences in behaviors and attitudes among male and female celebrants; Contact information.