FSA Reports Slip in Net Income; Triple-A Rating Affirmed
- Fitch Drops Assured, FSA on MRS Fears. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33199, p1
The article reports on the debt ratings of municipal bond insurers as released by Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. It states that Fitch downgraded the debt ratings of Assured Guaranty Corp. and Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSA). Fitch said that the downgraded ratings reflect the...
- First-Quarter Results Reflect 'Ides of March'. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;5/19/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p5
The article presents the financial performance of several Wall Street-related companies in the first-quarter of 2008 in the U.S. Barclays PLC has generated a profit during the first quarter but it was below that of the very strong prior year period due to net losses of $1.9 billion relating to...
- FSA Reports 18% Drop in Fourth-Quarter Net Income. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p6
Reports on the fourth quarter net income of New York-based guarantor Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., holding company for bond insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of February 11, 2003. Comparison of incomes with those in 2001 and 2002; Multi-million dollar expenses reflected...
- Financial Security Assurance Sees a Rise In Core Earnings, But Suffers a Net Loss. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the first quarter of 2000. Adjusted book value; Operating net income; Realized capital losses.
- Ellen Maddock joins fsa health care group. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p2
Reports on Financial Security Assurance's hiring of Ellen Maddock as a vice president and credit analyst in its municipal health care finance group. Career background.
- Market-Share Leader FSA Reports 1Q Income Up 13% Over Last Year. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p34
Reports the net income of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. for the first quarter of year 2002 in New York. Percentage of income increase; Statement regarding the performance of the company by chairman Robert P. Cochran; Market share for insuring bond issues.
- Byrne steps down as FSA chairman; senior management shifts to fill gap. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;11/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30277, p3
Reports on the resignation of John J. Byrne as chairman of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.'s (FSA) board of directors. Career background; Appointment of FSA president and chief executive officer Robert P. Cochran to take charge of Byrne's responsibilities; Reason for Byrne's retirement.
- Ginsburg hired by FSA as director in housing. // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p31
Announces the hiring of Robin Ginsburg as director the affordable housing group for Financial Security Assurance Holding Ltd.
- FSA to increase its quarterly dividend. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/27/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30466, p5
Reports on the growth of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.'s quarterly dividend for August 1998.