Colorado DOT Approves Formation of Toll Road Agency
- First a free market, now a toll road. Banasiak, David // Roads & Bridges;Nov96, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p8
Reports that Hungary has initiated its first toll road. Effects the road has had on the flow of traffic; Length of time the road took to be constructed; Ownership of operating rights.
- Texas Border City Sets Bridge Bond Issuance. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p4
Reports the plan to sell the international toll system revenue bonds of the McAllen in Dallas, Texas. Amount of sale presented; Profit of the toll system; Improvement of the traffic flow. INSET: Report: Rebuild N.Y. Bonds May Favor Rich.
- More use M6 Toll. // Commercial Motor;10/14/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5101, p14
Reports on the refusal of Midland Expressway to divulge the number of trucks using the M6 Toll in Great Britain. Increase in vehicle traffic at the M6 Toll; Effect of price cuts on the route according to a survey conducted by the periodical "Commercial Motor" and Michelin.
- The open road. // Roads & Bridges;Oct2006, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p67
The article focuses on the Open Road Tolling (ORT) project that was initiated by the Illinois Tollway Authority to reduce traffic congestion in the Chicago area. It is claimed that using ORT in controlling congestion offers much benefits. To accommodate new ORT lanes, the Tollway Authority is...
- TRAFFIC DELAYS AT TOLL BOOTHS. Edie, Leslie C. // Journal of the Operations Research Society of America;May54, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
The collection of vehicular tolls at Port Authority tunnels and bridges is one of the most important operations conducted by the police personnel. More than 250 traffic officers are utilized, and the payroll costs exceed a million dollars annually. In staffing its toll plazas the Port Authority...
- Dublin truck ban boosts toll road traffic. // Commercial Motor;7/12/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5237, p36
The article reports on the impact of the ban on five-axle trucks in Dublin city centre, Ireland. The ban has nearly doubled the number of vehicles using the city's main ring road in its first five months. The number of trucks going through the city's West Link toll bridge has increased by 15,000...
- More than R1 billion planned for the expansion of South Africa's N3 Toll Route. // African Business News;1/9/2015, p1
No abstract available.
- Maryland Considers Tolls to Ease Gridlock. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p4
Reports on the consideration by the Maryland Department of Transportation to add toll lanes to construct some of the state's busiest roads in an attempt to ease traffic congestion. Remarks from Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. regarding the matter; Estimation of the cost of the addition of toll...
- Congestion Pricing With Lane Reconfigurations To Add Highway Capacity. DeCorla-Souza, Patrick // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p2
The article discusses the role of congestion pricing through high-occupancy toll (HOT) lanes in improving the efficiency of the highway system in the U.S. It mentions that HOT lanes can also generate revenue for transportation investments. Another approach to reduce congestion is the creation of...