Orange County Makes Bad Vibes Toward Merrill Official
- Investment timing decisions under threat of potential competition: Why firm size matters. Joaquin, Domingo Castelo; Khanna, Naveen // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Spring2001, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
We study the value of the option to wait when other firms are looking at similar opportunities and may enter while one firm is waiting for uncertainty resolution. There are two important results. First the value of an investment project is affected by a firm's assets-in-place, giving some firms...
- No middle ground. Reed, Jennifer Lea // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p147
Focuses on the competition for qualified plan assets in the United States. Bifurcation of the industry as a result of the marketing war; Big firms and small players' respective marketing strategies.
- Hoosier club tackles Wall Street. Barlow, Saideh // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/19/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p3
Focuses on the Circle City Investment Club in Indianapolis, Indiana. Details on the formation of the club; Investment competition on the CBS television program; List several investment club.
- Trailer-maker hauls investors to the top. Ketzenberger // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the results of `Indianapolis Business Journal' periodical's Investment Challenge stock contest in Indiana, as of September 30, 1999. Top stock portfolios; Total investments; Stocks of interest to contestants; Prizes.
- Reporters should be paupers. Hegarty, Liam // Westchester County Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p4
Cites Yahoo's October Investment Challenge, a stock-picking contest involving the investment of a hypothetical $100,000 in the stock market in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Reasons for the contest's failure; Caution against advisors; Motives behind the investment; Journalistic impartiality.
- Leaders ride Leaseway deal. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/27/95, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p2
Reports on developments concerning `Crain' newspaper's Investment Challenge stock competition. Stocks of leaseway Transportation Corp. and Penske Truck Leasing Co.; Effect of mergers on contestants' portfolios; Leading contestants.
- Differing strategies highlight stock game. Ketzenberger, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p5A
Focuses on the Investment Challenge `99, a stock investment contest sponsored by the `Indianapolis Business Journal,' and the NatCity Investment Inc. to increase awareness of Indiana stocks. Game mechanics; Contestants; Prices at stake; Contestants' chosen stocks.
- Beer man triumphs in stock game. Ketzenberger, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p3A
Highlights Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based beer distributor Tom Goral's winning of the Investment Challenge '99 contest sponsored by the periodical `Indianapolis Business Journal.' Receiving of a zero-coupon bond worth $20,000 at maturity; Goral's investment of his imaginary funds on electronics...
- AZERBAIJAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Oct2011, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
The article presents a risk summary on politics, economy, and business environment in Azerbaijan such as the opportunity for the policymakers to improve the country's image with the upcoming Eurovision song contest to be held in Baku in 2012, the possible economic disruption that might be...