Bill to Help Road Purchase Passes California Senate Panel
- Bullet. Stahl, Michael // Wheels;Nov2005, p37
Discusses the author's views on the Cross-City Tunnel, a toll road in Sydney, New South Wales. Owners of the toll road; Significance of the Cross-City Tunnel; Complaints of Sydney residents and travelers against the tunnel; Cost of the toll.
- Campaign attacks Dartford. // Commercial Motor;12/8/2005, Vol. 202 Issue 5156, p9
This article reports on a new campaign launched in England as of December 8, 2005 calling for the tolls at Dartford-Thurrock Crossing, managed by French operator Le Crossing, to be scrapped. The members of the UK Independent Party who support the campaign are named. The number of vehicles that...
- 'EU must harmonise toll road systems'. // Commercial Motor;11/20/2014, Vol. 222 Issue 5613, p11
The article reports on the suggestion of the European Commission about the need for the toll road systems in Europe to be harmonised.
- Miami road agency OKs higher tolls. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30586, p1
Reveals that the Miami-Dade County Expressway Authority unanimously voted to raise tolls in 1999 in Florida. Use of generated revenues to fund an expansion and improvement program; Increase of toll from 25 cents to 50 cents after a series of public hearings.
- Toll Roads Can Overcome Troubles, Highway Officials Say. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p6
Reports that United States highway officials are optimistic that toll roads can overcome the financial problems and risks they are experiencing. Means by which toll operators can help boost their finances and obtain better credit ratings; Overview on the federal government's plan intended to...
- Texas Senate Unanimously Votes To Fleece Motorists With Market-Based TOLLS. Hall, Terri // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/30/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p14
The article focuses on the unanimous decision of the Texas Senate to enact the Senate Bill 792 that will impose highest possible tolls.
- A14 toll charges abandoned. // Truck & Driver;Feb2014, p10
The article reports on the decision of the British government to abandone plans to introduce a three-pound A14 toll for trucks.
- ETCs to make Delhi-Mumbai drive hassle-free. // Commercial Vehicle;Sep2014, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p30
The article offers information on the efforts on road transport ministry of India in making smoother and relatively hassle free drive between New Delhi, India and Mumbai, India by installing Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) infrastructure at toll plazas.
- German roads facing tolls blow. // Auto Express;7/16/2014, Issue 1328, p23
The article reports on the plan of the German government to impose a car toll to drivers travelling from Great Britain from 2016, in which they would have to purchase a permit costing 10 euros for 10 days or 100 euros for a year.
- Privatize highways. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p22
Cites the May 1994 issue of `Privatization' which reported on the idea of private toll roads worldwide. Germany, India, Poland and Vietnam are the latest additions to a group that exceeds 40 countries who opted to make use of the private sector to develop, own and operate highway infrastructure...