Indexes Higher as Treasuries Fall Back and Stocks Advance
- Bearly Making It. Hill, Patrice // Insight on the News;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p29
Discusses the threats posed by the increasing stock losses in the United States (U.S.). Effects of the losses; Outlook of the U.S. consumption growth; Possibility of a recession in the country; Views of some economists on the recession threat.
- Why Are Stocks Up When the Economy is Down? MORGAN, TOM // Business Journal (Central New York);3/15/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p9
In this article, the author discusses the dependency of stock prices on a country's economy including the aspects of recession.
- Roots of recession found in homes, stocks. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/28/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p26A
The article presents the author's views concerning the cause of recessions, which is linked to stocks and homes.
- Bear down: Bullish isn't so bad, but watch for foxes in hen house. Papiernik, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p13
Examines the performance of the food service industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Stock activity; Corporate and auditing scandals; Impact of the recessions on the food service sector.
- INVESTMENT ANALYSIS. // Money Marketing;1/15/2004, p53
Presents several graphs depicting the impact of economic downturn on the stocks of various financial investors in Great Britain.
- DISTRESS TEST FOR RETIREES. Sibillin, Anthony // BRW;11/20/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p100
The article discusses the need for older investors tempted to cut stock losses to remember that patients is the proven strategy for weathering downturns. It reveals that the dilemma for stock investors in or near retirement is whether to sit tight or move their savings to safer ground. The...
- Dire Market Predictions Abound. Ackermann, Matt // Bank Investment Consultant;Jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the various survey that has conducted relating to the economic status in the U.S. It relates the surveys conducted by various research firms such as the Rydex AdvisorBencmarking Advisor Confidence Index on measuring the level of advisor's confidence in economy and stock...
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p12
Reports developments on various businesses in Orange County, California as of May 2003. Plans of Allergan Inc. to acquire Bardeen Sciences Co.; Effects of economic downfall on the earnings of the entrepreneurs in the area; Decrease on the shares of Ingram Micro Inc.
- Moderate recovery best economic scenario for real estate stocks. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the recovery of various real estate firms from economic downturn in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Improvement on the rate of returns; Increase of stocks; Availability of terrorism insurance coverage.