A taste of Belgium delicacies
- Tears and tiaras. Williams, Sue // Australian Women's Weekly;Feb2007, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p258
The article reviews the exhibition "Miss Australia: A Nation's Quest," on view at the Museum of Brisbane in Queensland through February 4, 2007.
- Miss Connecticut. // New Yorker;6/4/90, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p33
Relates how Marlena Marshall, Miss Connecticut 1989, offered to attend the antique show that the Y.M.C.A. was planning to put on in its parking lot in Wilton, Connecticut. Belief that Miss Connecticut might help lure customers; Physical characteristics of Miss Connecticut; Notepads on which the...
- Schlies is Wisconsin's 2015 Fairest of the Fairs. SCHLIES, DEANNA // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Feb2015, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p8
The article presents the highlights of the 92nd annual Wisconsin Association of Fairs Convention held in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin on January 7, 2015. It features Deanna Schlies of Brown County, who was crowned as Wisconsin Fairest of the Fairs. Schlies will also serve as ambassador of the 2015...
- The Aquilla Queen and her Court. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/28/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p10
A photograph of the Aquilla Independent School District (ISD) Homecoming Queen and the other winners including Queen Sarah Lockett, First Princess Lacey Reid and Second Princess Monique Moss in Texas on October 9, 2009.
- State fair queen wears a helmet -- and a crown, too. Ward, Mindy // Missouri Ruralist;Sep2013, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p12
The author discusses aspects of the winning of Ashley Bauer as the 2013 Missouri State Fair Queen. She is critical of the measures that Bauer of Warren County was part of the traditional agricultural community and has passion in horse riding. She states that Bauer grew up as the member of the...
- Candidates for the Crown. // Saturday Evening Post;9/1/1956, Vol. 229 Issue 9, p18
Photographs of the contestants for the Miss Arkansas Pageant, which was held in June 1956.
- Beauty pageants advance careers. Decker, Jonathan P. // Christian Science Monitor;8/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 175, p3
Describes the increasing awareness among beauty contestants in US to plan their future career. Case of Shannon Depuy, and her utilization of pageant prize money for financing her studies; The swimsuit controversy in pageant contests in America; Details of other pageant winners in US.
- Contestants flunk telecom quiz. Wetli, Patty // America's Network;3/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Miss USA pageant contestant's response to questions regarding communications technology. Miss Texas' hypothetical vote for National Aeronautics & Space Administrations; Miss South Carolina's reply on how to deal with shock radio hosts if she were a Federal Communications Commission...
- Miss Burnet County International begins process. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/6/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p2A
The article reports on the invitation of application from prospective contestants for the title of Miss Burnet County International 2010 in Texas.