Lifestyle look for Homebase
- Retailer reacts to demolition plans. // Cabinet Maker;11/6/2015, Issue 5956, p10
The article reports on do-it-yourself (DIY) retail brand Homebase's commitment to keep its store open in Crawley, West Sussex, England following news that its landlord, the British Land Retail Ware Ltd., filed for the demolition of the store after its site lease expires in December 2015.
- HomeBase modifies House2Home rollout. // Home Textiles Today;3/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p8
Reports that California-based home textile firm HomeBase has modified the rollout plan of its House2Home concept, reducing the number of stores originally planned for the launching of the concept. Impact of macroeconomic conditions; Diminution of consumer confidence in colder climate markets;...
- House2Home rolls out Kathy Ireland rugs. // Home Textiles Today;05/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p12
Reports that HomeBase Inc. has teamed up with Kathy Ireland to include her rug collection in its House2Home stores in Los Angeles, California. Production of the collection by Shaw Rugs; Reasons for selecting Ireland's designs; Prices.
- Room for improvement on the shopfloor. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2005, Issue 5457, p19
Comments on the display area at the mezzanine floor of Homebase Inc. stores in England. Lack of accessories; Importance of the improvement in its displays; Dissimilarity in the mixture of furniture products.
- Work starts on controversial store. // DIY Week;2/29/2008, p4
The article reports that Homebase will open a store in Clitheroe, Lancashire, England in 2008. Construction work is underway on the site after town centre traders lobbied Ribble Valley Borough Council's planning committee to reject the construction plans of Homebase. In May 2007, Homebase won...
- Town Crier makes a noise at store opening. // DIY Week;2/15/2008, p20
The article reports on the store opened by do-it-yourself (DIY) retailer Homebase in Yoevil, Devon in England. The store was opened in February 2007 in an event which saw the cutting of a ribbon by the town's deputy. According to the store's manager Dean Hanniford, the goal of the store is to...
- HomeBase looking to leave Chicago. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/8/93, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p1
Reports on HomeBase's search for a way to exit the Chicago market by selling its seven area stores. Goals of improving profitability; Candidate to buy some of the Chicago-area locations.
- HomeBase's seeds entice young thumbs. // National Home Center News;7/3/95, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p35
Reports on HomeBase's offer of a selection of flower, herb, fruit and vegetable seeds.
- HomeBase store breaks record. // National Home Center News;5/1/96, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p38
Reports that the March 9, 1996 opening of HomeBase's warehouse home center in Clackamus, California produced the best store-opening sales in the chain's history.