OHIO: Campbell's Support
- Back to basics. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p10
Comments on the campaign of mayoral candidates Jane Campbell and Raymond Pierce to win the affection of voters in Cleveland, Ohio. Attempt to portray as friends to the city's neighborhood; Plan to retain city's manufacturing business; Search of sites for the expansion of business by the...
- And you thought the campaign lacked substance. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p34
The article focuses on issues related to the city of Cleveland, Ohio raised in the mayoral campaign. In the nonprofit Center for Community Solutions' October newsletter "Planning and Action," eighteen civic-minded people penned letters filled with advice on issues including access to health...
- Away we go. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
Presents the author's views on the performance of the Jane Campbell as mayor of Cleveland, Ohio. Comments regarding the term of ex-mayor Mike White; Reaction to Campbell's priority on city finances; Suggestions on conducting a review of city operations.
- CVB pitching biz, blacks on city. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the participation of Mayor Jane Campbell in the Tele-Blitz, a telemarketing program by the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland in Ohio. Efforts of the mayor to boost tourism in the area; Decline of conventions and meeting activities following the September 11, 2001...
- City seeks council approval for new tech director post. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p7
Focuses on the proposal of Cleveland Mayor Jane Campbell, to create the position of technology director in Ohio. Job description for the position; Details on the annual salary; Emphasis on city planning, community, housing and building development.
- City Hall leadership looks different post-White. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, pP-2
The article reports that inspite of 15 months into the job broadly viewed as Cleveland's most powerful, Mayor Jane Campbell isn't generally thought of as the area's most powerful person. Lots of people like and respect Jane Campbell, know her from her 20-year career in public service, and won't...
- Campbell's About-Face. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p35
Reports on Mayor Jane Campbell's opposition to the tax increase in Cuyahoga County, Ohio to build a new convention center as of August 2003.
- Iraq West. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p8
Cuyahoga County commissioners are suddenly interested in cutting a deal to buy a big chunk of Whiskey Island's shoreline. It seems like someone wants to do the property's owners, a favor by taking it off their hands, or the commissioners feel like making their impression in the eye of Cleveland...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p10
Presents an opinion on Jane Campbell, mayor-elect of Cleveland. Reasons to run for the post; Awareness of the duties and roles as a mayor; Lessons learn from the past administration; Kind of government envisioned.