OHIO: Columbus Waits
- Emerging Markets on the Rise. Ackerman, Ruthie // American Banker;12/18/2009, Vol. 174 Issue F318, p7
The author reports that investors are moving their money from bond funds into emerging markets. Morningstar fund analyst David Falkof said that while investors continue to be risk-averse, they are trying to make up for lost ground. Typically during a recession, investors put money into bond...
- Bond markets look ahead. STEYN, GRETA // Finweek;5/21/2009, p60
The article discusses bond yields in the U.S. and Germany. Despite the uncertainties brought about by the global recession, bond yields have increased over the past months of 2008. Also presented is a graph of the government bond yields in a 10-year span for U.S. and Germany from June 2008 to...
- Sober strategy for the vile decade. COLLINSON, PATRICK // Fund Strategy;11/28/2011, p28
The article focuses on the bond fund return during a period of growth recession. It makes reference to the "Vile" decade starting 2008 of Volatile Inflation but with Limited opportunities for sustained Expansion. It discusses the impact of deflation on the economy that will allegedly make...
- IOWA: Polk GOs Another Way. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds by the government of Polk County, Iowa to pay for Iowa Events Center project in Des Moines, Iowa. Reasons for the sale of GO bonds.
- Analysts: First-Ever Mexican Municipal Debt Issue Could Spark More Deals . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p6
Reports on the sale of certification of obligation deal of municipal debt issuance in Mexico. Estimated amount of the obligation deal; Necessity for the sale of obligation bonds; Preference of Mexican bonds in the international market.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p32
No abstract available.
- Trader talk. Easton, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p28A
Focuses on the bond market trading performance in Indianapolis, Indiana as of May 30, 1994. Effect of increased bids of commodity prices on inflation; Increase in stock prices for the week May 30 to June 5, 1994 compared with stock prices performances for the previous week; Company losers and...
- Some bond managers report gains. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p10
Reports on assets gains and losses of fixed-income mutual funds for the year through May 31, 1996. Gain of bond funds run by Vanguard, Merrill Lynch and PIMPCO Advisors; Losses by Franklin/Templeton, Fidelity, Putnam Funds, Mellon/Dreyfus, American Express, Kemper Funds and Dean Witter.
- Westchester County Selling $173M in Pilot Program. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Westchester County, New York to market 173.1 million dollars of general obligation bonds on February 2010 as part of the its new-money deal since Robert Astorino was elected as county's executive.