Bond-Heavy Bills to Fuel Florida Economy Near Passage
- Local economic development and growth management in Florida. Kolo, Jerry; Watson, Robert // Economic Development Review;Summer92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, Summer 1992 p68
Presents the results of a survey exploring the relationship between advocates of economic development and growth management in Florida. History and rationale of Florida's growth management; Community and economic development; Relation between community economic development and the Growth...
- Florida's not as hot in the 1990s. Edmondson, B. // American Demographics;Jan92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p18
Discusses how Florida is in an economic slump and is depending on the already hard-hit Northeast to help it recover. Tourism and construction are key to Florida's growth; Hope for better times when recession is over; Senior citizen age group not increasing rapidly; Details.
- Psychological traits of rural entrepreneurs. Babb, Emerson M.; Babb, Stuart V. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep91, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the differences between rural and urban entrepreneurs using data from 926 low-tech, retail/service firms in rural North Florida. The psychological traits in identification of entrepreneurs; Explanation on the entrepreneurs subjective evaluations of firm performance.
- Florida: Cloudy days ahead? // World & I;Aug96, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on Florida's economic conditions. Business incorporation; International trade; Social problems; Education; Immigration.
- Economic pluses and minuses. Seemuth, Mike // World & I;Aug96, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on Florida's economic conditions. Factors affecting the state's economic conditions; Business incorporation; Employment; Health care; Economic incentives; International trade.
- Moving Cautiously, Awaiting Sunnier Days. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p56A
Focuses on the economic condition of Florida in the fiscal year 2002. Revenue shortfall for the fiscal 2002; Efforts through which the Legislature make up for the revenue shortfall; Rating given to the state by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Number of jobs that the construction and renovation...
- Getting better all the time. Strobel, Frederick R. // Sarasota Magazine;Jan95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p56
Presents economist Fred Strobel's 1995 forecast for the Sarasota-Bradenton area of Florida. Conclusion from 1994 economic data; Assessment of U.S. economy; Effects on Florida; Job growth in Sarasota-Bradenton area; Conditions for a steady economic growth in 1995.
- GENTING, WYNN, SANDS MAKE FLORIDA PITCH. // Casino Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the impact of gaming on the economy of Florida.
- Common trends and cycles and the structure of Florida's... Parker, Edgar // Economic Review (07321813);1997 3rd Quarter, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p60
Studies the evolution of the relationships among Florida cities' labor markets. Cointegration analysis of the long run dynamics of Florida's labor market; Short run dynamics of Florida's labor market.