As State Tightens Belt, Anxious City Officials Prepare to Absorb Fiscal Blow
- California GO Spreads Continue Shrinking. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F328, p1
The article offers information related to compression of the California general obligation bond yields and the triple A-rated bond since the state's rating was upgraded in June 2014. Topics discussed improve condition of state's finance with increased issuance in municipal bond market, increased...
- The Road Ahead. // Orange County Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p27
Presents insights about the economic condition of California.
- California plugs economy into Internet. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;1/14/97, Vol. 89 Issue 34, p4
Reports that in 1996 the state of California became a trillion-dollar economy, and that its outputs of goods and services equaled that of Latin America. Claims that the Internet is partly responsible for California's growth; Where a third of all venture-capital investment is being seen;...
- Half full or half empty? -- Valley's glass, present and future, is clouded. Carr, Reo // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/28/98, Issue 322361, p26
Editorial. Comments on the findings of New United Way's document `Vision 20/20,' on the economy of Fresno County and San Joaquin Valley, California. Rate of unemployment; Crime rate; Job creation; Projections on farm receipts; Per capita income.
- California dreamin' for a full recovery. England, Robert Stowe // Mortgage Banking;Jan95, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p26
Presents an outlook on California's economy for 1995. Change in the pattern of population flows; Implications of a multicultural society; Effects of state regulation on business; Problem of high labor costs; Effects of the high cost of living; Budget deficit problems; Challenges facing the...
- California comes back. // Mortgage Banking;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p85
Focuses on the economic development in California. Experience of economic activities in other parts of the state; Stability of the real estate market; Competitiveness of mortgage market due to upturn in bank lendings; Growth on employment demands among firms.
- Exports Rise as Asia Rebounds. // Transportation & Distribution;Dec99, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
Describes the implications of the increase in exports of manufactured goods in California. Indication in Asian markets; Exports to South Korea; Shipments to Taiwan; Profile of California's economy.
- Treasurer Angelides warns of economic gap creating 'two Californias'. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p48
Reports on the need for California to focus on the management of economic and population growth. Closing of the gap between the affluent and the impoverished; Growth of California's economy.
- California Hounded by Triple Threat. Chesla, Nicholas; Monsarrat, Sean; Smith, Aaron; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p1
Reports on economic and political threats faced by California as of October 9, 2001. Efforts made for improving budget deficits; Decline in bond prices and short term debt.