Tuesday's Market: Lehman Nets $1B California Deal, Balance at $66M; Secondary Mixed
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis Gain From Treasury Boost As Payrolls Are Revised Downward. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the United States rose on August 6, 2004. Lead from Treasuries which surged when July non-farm payrolls rose 32,000; Downward revision of the June payrolls; Comments of Hugh Johnson, chief investment officer at First Albany Capital Inc.; Rally by the bond market...
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- Video: sticking to the knitting -- bond investing in a deflationary world. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);10/21/2014, p1
The article discusses the performance of the market for bonds in 2014. Securities professional John Pattullo explains the reasons why bonds are outperforming equities in contradiction to expectations of the reverse at the start of the year. Fears of low economic growth and deflationary pressures...
- Munis End Stronger with Treasuries as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34438, p1
Municipal bonds were sharply stronger on Monday, traders said, with yields on top-rated maturities falling by as much as six basis points. Treasuries surged in a flight-to-quality bid while U.S. equities plunged in the wake of a stock market meltdown in China.
- Muni Tone Softens After Early Gains; Treasuries Slip on Oil Price Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p2
Reports on trading in the U.S. municipal bond market on May 21, 2004. Trading activity following capitulation in the Treasury market; Effect of a drop in oil prices and a subsequent rebound in equities; Changes in municipal bond prices.
- Why stocks still have room to run. Kuhn, Susan E.; Sample, Ann // Fortune;Autumn1993, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p14
The article presents the author's views that although October 1993 is spook time for stocks, it is premature to give up on the bull. But it is premature to give up on the bull. Stocks have had a healthy run, no doubt, but a winded market is not the same as a falling one. Going forward, stocks...
- Not a Lot Going On After New-Issue Blitz. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p2
The article reports developments in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It states that the Treasury market posted gains in October 30, 2009 as equities sold off. It notes that Municipal Market data triple-A scale yielded 3.03% in 10 years and yielded 4.23% in 30 years. The trends in personal...
- Stock and Bond Market Liquidity: A Long-Run Empirical Analysis. Goyenko, Ruslan Y.; Ukhov, Andrey D. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p189
This paper establishes liquidity linkage between stock and Treasury bond markets. There is a lead-lag relationship between illiquidity of the two markets and bidirectional Granger causality. The effect of stock illiquidity on bond illiquidity is consistent with flight-to- quality or...