News In Brief
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, March 30. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p2
Reports on the performance of the government bonds market as of March 30, 2004. Consumer confidence index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- INBRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p7
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. bond market. The consumer confidence index reached 26.0 in March 2009 while in February it was initially to be at 25.0. New York City business activity rested for the 14th straight month while the current business conditions index soared to 43.1...
- Final Oct. U. of Mich. Index at 87.2 vs. 91.2 in Sept. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
The University of Michigan's final October consumer sentiment index reading was 87.2, compared to the preliminary October 87.9, and the final September 91.2, according to market sources.Ã¼
- Consumer confidence on rise despite battle over the sequester. Becker, Bernie // Hill;2/27/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p16
The article reports on the increase of the consumer confidence index by 69.6 percent despite the challenge posted by sequester in the U.S. in February 2013.
- Munis Slightly Firmer as Gains Return. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/28/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33050, p2
The article presents an analysis of the U.S. bond market as of Janury 27, 2009. The municipal bond market showed a firmer performance and the Treasury market's benchmark 10-year treasury note, which opened at 2.64%, was quoted to yield near 2.53%. While in the new-issue market, Barclays Capital...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p2
Presents news items related to developments in the U.S. bond market as of May 28, 2003. Settlement between Nyack Hospital in Nyack, New York for a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of buyers of the hospital's revenue bonds; Rise in consumer confidence index during May 2003; Growth in sales...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33584, p2
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. including an increase in the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index, the rating of Warren Country, Kentucky which raised from BBB-plus to A-minus, and the Sarasota County, Florida's BBB-plus rating.
- Munis Weaker After Higher Payroll Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p2
The article examines the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of December 2006. The municipal bonds slowed due to higher nonfarm payrolls in November. On the other hand, tax-exempt bonds are weaker by two or three basis points. The performance of bonds are also affected by the revised...
- Consumer Confidence Drops Again in April. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32868, p2
The article reports on the decreased rate of the consumer confidence index in the U.S. in April 2008. The index dropped to 62.3 from an upwardly revised 65.9 rate in March and the present situation index fell to 80.7 while the expectations index rose to 50.1. The sharp decline in the present...