Jacksonville, Fla., Readies $122M Deal, Some for Stadium
- Boynton Beach, Fla., Commissioner Trying to Lure Marlins. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31183, p6
Reports plan of the Boynton Beach Commissioner Mike Ferguson to build a retractable-roof stadium with bonds backed by private and public revenues in Florida. Negotiation with the Florida Marlins officials; Views of Ferguson on a law imposing surcharges on gross revenues of parking spaces in the...
- FLORIDA: Panel: Use GOs for Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p9
The article reports on the recommendation of the citizens advisory committee that Miami-Dade County, Florida use proceeds from $50 million of general obligation bonds to construct the stadium for Major League Baseball's Florida Marlins. The bonds were to be used for the renovation of the Orange...
- FLORIDA: Marlins Ballpark Bonds Price. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/9/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33146, p8
The article reports on the preparations made by Florida Marlins to their new 37,000-seat retractable-roof ballpark in Florida on July 18, 2009. The baseball company prepared for the special event after Miami-Dade County priced majority of the bonds for the 515 million U.S. dollar worth of...
- Not quite getting it. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;9/23/96, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p20
Announces that the stadium where the Miami Dolphins football team plays is changing its name from Pro Player Park. The new stadium to be called Pro Player Stadium; How the orignal name, Joe Robbie Stadium, honored the Dolphins' founder; The name change as an attempt to appease fans who felt Joe...
- Miami Refinancing Could Glean $148M for Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p5
Reports on the refinancing of Miami and Miami-Dade County, Florida's debt to carve out new money as a portion of the cost to build a stadium in downtown Miami. Plans of city officials to keep the Florida Marlins in South Florida; Need to hold a referendum to extend the city's general obligation...
- Day School Crunch. Norris, Heather // Baltimore Jewish Times;1/16/2015, Vol. 342 Issue 3, p19
A review is offered for the new state-of-the-art stadium at Scheck Community Day School in South Florida.
- SOUTHWEST FLORIDA'S TOP 15 ENTERTAINMENT VENUES. // Gulfshore Business;Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p11
A table is presented which lists the top 15 entertainment venues in southwest Florida including the Germain Arena, the Alico Arena, and the Lee Civic Center.
- CHOW DOWN. JAMES, COURTNEE // Jacksonville Magazine;Sep2015, p22
The article offers review of the football stadium EverBank Field, Jacksonville, Florida.
- Dolphins Football Stadium's Wireless System Goes Head to Head with Antenna Farm. // FRONT of HOUSE;Feb2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the installation of Shure Inc.'s Axient wireless system at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida in 2012.