XLCA Records a Net Loss for Second-Quarter Earnings
- Guarantor XL Capital Assurance Posts $1.09 Million Loss for Third Quarter. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31516, p36
Reports that New York-based financial guarantor XL Capital Assurance Inc. has disclosed a net loss of 1.09 million dollars for the third quarter of the fiscal year 2002 as of November 13, 2002. Comparison of the net loss of the company with that during the corresponding period in 2001;...
- XLCA Reports 1Q Net Loss, Doubles Gross Premiums Written. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p6
XL Capital Assurance Inc., a New York bond insurer owned by Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd., reported a net loss of $2.4 million in the first quarter of 2003, which is similar to the $2.5 million net loss the company reported for the first quarter of 2002. In the first quarter, the...
- Expense-Burdened XL Capital Assurance Reports 2002 Net Loss of $5 Million. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p7
XL Capital Assurance Inc. reported a net loss of $5.25 million for 2002. For the fourth quarter of 2002, the net loss was $491,000. XLCA, a New York subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd., has reported two consecutive years of net losses. Chief financial officer Ed Hubbard said in a...
- XL Capital Assurance Reports 2Q Net Loss of $100,000. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31706, p28
Reports that XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a New York bond insurer ad subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd. has reported a net loss of $ 100,000 for the second quarter of 2003. Comments of the chief financial officer of XLCA; Difference in gross premiums written off in the second...
- XLCA Posts S1.29M 3Q Loss. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p2
The article presents information on the financial performance of XL Capital Assurance Inc. for the third quarter of 2004. The company reported a loss of $ 1.29 million, compared with earnings of $334,000 last year. Gross premiums written in the third quarter fell 35% to $47.5 million from last...
- Secondary wraps are big business in the off-season. Gregory, Michael // Asset Securitization Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p9
Focuses on the status of the secondary wrap (SW) market in the U.S. as of May 3, 2004. Reference to XL Capital Assurance Inc.'s guaranteed senior class portions on five deals in the first quarter; Equal demand for the SW between investors and dealers; Difference between the the traditional...
- XLCA. // Asset Securitization Report;7/18/2005 Supplement, Vol. 5, p11
This section presents data about investments in Rental Car Finance Corp. Trust made by XL Capital Assurance Inc.
- XLCA Taps MBIA Vet for Surveillance & Research Dept. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;11/10/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32257, p7
Reports on the recruitment of Charles E. Reilly as managing director of XL Capital Assurance Inc.'s surveillance and research department in the U.S. Career history of the executive; Monitoring of the performance of the firm's insured credit portfolio; Management of the company's risk profile.
- XLCA's Stevens Adds CEO to His Title. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31861, p7
Reports that XL Capital Assurance Inc. has named president David C. Stevens to the additional post of chief executive officer in April 2004. Profile on Stevens; Company background.