Female and Male Sport Fans: A Comparison of Sport Consumption Motives
- Perceptions of Sport Fans who BIRG. End, Christian M.; Dietz-Uhler, Beth; Demakakos, Nickole // International Sports Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p139
Deals with a series of studies which examined how people perceive sport fans who bask in the reflected glory of the team with which they identify. Methods; Results; Discussions.
- Fan Power. Reilly, Rick // Sports Illustrated;10/28/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p178
Presents a humorous Bill of Rights-style document for sports fans. Expectations for stadium design and naming; Recommendations for songs that should not be played during games; Rules for spouses while fans watch 'SportsCenter'; Others.
- Untitled. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);9/25/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p2
A photograph of the Tatum Eagle volleyball team fans in Tatum, Texas is presented.
- LAUREN booth. // New Statesman;12/11/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4516, p63
Presents an article on the behavior of sports spectators or fans during football games. Details on a football game between England and Germany.
- Cheers and Jeers. Florence, Warren // Tennis;Apr2001, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p16
Features the result of a survey concerning the attitudes and behavior of tennis fans during games.
- Fans Require Incentives to Attend Games. // USA Today Magazine;Dec99, Vol. 128 Issue 2655, p15
Reports that sports fans in schools require incentives to attend sporting events in the United States. Decline of fans' interest in watching games; Examples of marketing incentives; Reasons for the declining attendance of fans.
- SEX DIFFERENCES IN SPORT SPECTATOR INVOLVEMENT. Bahk, C. Mo // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug2000, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p79
Examines sex differences in involvement with sports as spectators. Study of emotional, cognitive, and behavioral involvement; Males' exhibition of higher involvement with sport spectating than did females; Data supporting the unidimensionality, reliability and validity of the Sport Spectator...
- Fan(atic)s on the Loose. Barrett, Wayne M. // USA Today Magazine;Jul90, Vol. 119 Issue 2542, p93
Focuses on the motivations for sports fans to misbehave in public during sports events. Cultivation of a circus-like atmosphere in sporting events by marketers; Case examples of the circumstances that contribute to the declining level of behavior of sports fans.
- MY TOP FIVE ... German heroes. CARRAGHER // Daily Mail;11/16/2013, p71
ENGLAND'S meeting with Germany on Tuesday will evoke memories for any football fan as it is one of the great international fixtures. There have been some unbelievable German players through the years, but I have based this list around those who I watched when I was growing up ...