James Collender finds 'some magic with watercolor' to capture the essence of the Wild West
- Correction. // Arts Journal: Critical Perspectives on Contemporary Literature, ;Mar2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1/2, p6
A correction to the article on the watercolorist Gui Sharples that was published in the 2008 issue of "The Arts Journal" periodical, volume four is presented.
- Navarro show to feature Star Harbor Artists. // Malakoff News (TX);12/5/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 49, p2A
A photograph of the members of the Star Harbor Watercolor Society is presented.
- Designing a Family's Life. Forsell, Mary // Victoria;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p50
Profiles watercolorist and needlework artist Nora Corbett of Granville, Ohio. Ownership of a cross-stitch label called Mirabilia; Corbett's exploration of the interplay of light in shadow in her watercolor paintings; Selling of cross-stitch designs and watercolor painting kits through...
- JOHN WHORF (1993ï¿½1959). // Magazine Antiques;May2002, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the paintings of watercolorist John Whorf in the U.S. Educational background in the field of arts; Belief of Whorf on approach to painting; Exhibition of the works of Whorf various galleries.
- Rex Brandt/Watercolor. // American Artist;Feb1979, Vol. 43 Issue 439, p77
The article profiles artist Rex Brandt who says watercolor is the perfect medium for representing light, air, and water.
- Ed Whitney Celebrates His 90th Birthday. C. M. // American Artist;Apr1981, Vol. 45 Issue 465, p37
The article announces that Ed Whitney, a watercolorist, teacher and author, is celebrating his 90th birthday in April 1981.
- Painting everyday life. Dixon, Henry // American Artist;Oct1996, Vol. 60 Issue 651, p32
Presents author's experience in painting everyday life with the use of watercolors. Favorite subjects of the author; Use of watercolor to evoke mood, emotion and feeling; Technique being employed by the author.
- Watermedia research and documentation. Weilbaecher, Sharon N. // American Artist;Apr1998, Vol. 62 Issue 669, p48
Features some studio painters who work in watermedia and were invited to the Chateau de Balleroy in Normandy, France. Techniques employed by the watermedia artists; Selection of the subject for painting; Background of the artists.
- Pieces of the Past. Keenan, Georgina // American Artist;May1999, Vol. 63 Issue 682, p52
Features Barbara Pitts and her watercolor paintings. Background on the process of her painting; Analysis on her work `Big Armour Pinocchio'; Her subjects.