James Collender finds 'some magic with watercolor' to capture the essence of the Wild West
- Correction. // Arts Journal: Critical Perspectives on Contemporary Literature, ;Mar2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1/2, p6
A correction to the article on the watercolorist Gui Sharples that was published in the 2008 issue of "The Arts Journal" periodical, volume four is presented.
- Navarro show to feature Star Harbor Artists. // Malakoff News (TX);12/5/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 49, p2A
A photograph of the members of the Star Harbor Watercolor Society is presented.
- JOHN WHORF (1993ï¿½1959). // Magazine Antiques;May2002, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the paintings of watercolorist John Whorf in the U.S. Educational background in the field of arts; Belief of Whorf on approach to painting; Exhibition of the works of Whorf various galleries.
- Rex Brandt/Watercolor. // American Artist;Feb1979, Vol. 43 Issue 439, p77
The article profiles artist Rex Brandt who says watercolor is the perfect medium for representing light, air, and water.
- Painting everyday life. Dixon, Henry // American Artist;Oct1996, Vol. 60 Issue 651, p32
Presents author's experience in painting everyday life with the use of watercolors. Favorite subjects of the author; Use of watercolor to evoke mood, emotion and feeling; Technique being employed by the author.
- Watermedia research and documentation. Weilbaecher, Sharon N. // American Artist;Apr1998, Vol. 62 Issue 669, p48
Features some studio painters who work in watermedia and were invited to the Chateau de Balleroy in Normandy, France. Techniques employed by the watermedia artists; Selection of the subject for painting; Background of the artists.
- Pieces of the Past. Keenan, Georgina // American Artist;May1999, Vol. 63 Issue 682, p52
Features Barbara Pitts and her watercolor paintings. Background on the process of her painting; Analysis on her work `Big Armour Pinocchio'; Her subjects.
- Surprise and Discovery. Fry, Collin // American Artist;Jun2000, Vol. 64 Issue 695, p42
Features illustrator, painter and teacher, Charles Edmondson and his watercolor paintings. What the artist looks for when choosing a subject; Materials he uses; His painting procedure.
- Textures to Stimulate Memories. Doherty, M. Stephen // American Artist;Oct2001, Vol. 65 Issue 711, p28
Describes the painting method employed by watercolor painter Ray Hendershot of Pennsylvania. Use of photographs as references for the paintings; Materials and techniques; Description of several of his paintings; Range of prices for the paintings.